Notifications
Clear all

Montage and Logic Pro X

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Dean
Topic starter

I still can't render the MIDI file to audio in Logic Pro X. Anybody having any luck?

In Logic:
Select external instrument.
Set MIDI destination to Montage Port 1
MIDI Channel to All
My inputs are set to 1-2

Montage:
using CFX Concert piano
MIDI in/OUT set to USB
Local control is off
MIDI I/O Mode is set to Single
MIDI I/O Ch. 1

I can record the MIDI information in Logic. I can manipulate the MIDI and have it play the Montage. i can see the audio being played on my instrument track channel.
BUT I can't bounce the track to convert the MIDI information playing the Montage to audio.

I can easily do this with one of my software instruments, just not the Montage. Obviously I'm missing a step somewhere.

Posted : 14/06/2016 11:40 pm
Bad Mister

Hi Dean,

When you say "I can easily do this with one of my software instruments, just not the Montage. Obviously I'm missing a step somewhere." This is because the software instruments are automatically routed to the audio track. Your Montage is different (it's external) and YOU will need to route the audio of the Montage to the audio track in Logic Pro.

You have provided nothing but *MIDI* routing information. You now need to set your Montage to return Audio via the Montage's extensive 32 bus outputs.

If you have MIDI data recorded to a track in Logic Pro (you never actually say that is the case) then once you have it playing the Montage, decide how you wish to record it. By default, the Montage is set to send audio out on the Main L&R USB audio outputs. Start with the default

Setup Logic Pro to receive audio via the first two of the 32 audio buses from the Montage (sorry I'm not a Logic user) but if connected under audio setup you should see the Montage's 32 audio inputs.

Create an audio track set to receive this data from Montage's first two buses.

If you have not recorded MIDI tracks to Logic Pro, let us know... You can setup to record directly to an Audio Track using the QUICK SETUP = Record Audio to DAW.

Unlike software synths, the Montage will render it's real audio in real time.
Virtual audio (software) synths render audio in a few seconds, but real synths render audio in real time, like recording yourself talking, no high speed trickery. πŸ™‚

Posted : 15/06/2016 11:25 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us