Clear all

Montage anything but lean

20 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Bernd

manolo wrote:

Stefan wrote:

i'll never get tired of criticizing the fact that yamaha artificially restricted the built-in sequencer. i call that kind of behaviour shameless chicanery. they should stop playing games with their customers.

Yeah, we all agree. You just keep spouting off like the pouting runt that you are.
No matter the screen name you use, the same imbecile in you keeps shining through.

Posted : 26/09/2016 12:47 am
Bernd

manolo wrote:

Stefan wrote:
I used the recorder of the Montage more often now, because it is just dead simple.

WHAT?!? you must be kidding.. simple??? give me a break!
so how do you record 16 tracks in one go with only one pair of hands?
how do you fix mistakes made during a recording?
how do you delete/erase unwanted measures?
how do you insert blank measures?
how do you copy the performance data of a specified region, e.g. a chorus?
how do you transpose notes?
how do you move performance data forward or backward (shift clock function)?
let´s face it: the midi recorder in its present state is a complete and utter trainwreck. the montage developers should be ashamed of themselves. i can´t believe yamaha screwed it up so bad.

You'll use any excuse to deflect attention away from all of your failures.

Posted : 26/09/2016 12:51 am
Bernd

Stefan wrote:

Manolo, I see ;).

Manolo is a mental toddler.

Posted : 26/09/2016 12:51 am
Stefan

Jason wrote:Turn off "blur" on the GUI. ... The screen animation is also wearing thin - so I've turned that off now.

Yes, I agree. Both went away very quickly. The blur because it was making things harder to read. The screen animation after I realized that the felt sluggishness of the UI was caused by the animation. At first I thought it is a bug ;).

Posted : 26/09/2016 6:10 am
Topic starter

Phil wrote:

To answer the second question - if you have 2 user files that you want to combine you could save each as a library file (ie load the first user file - making sure to save the current user area if there are things in that you wish to keep - save it as a library file, then load the second user file which will overwrite the first and then save it as a library file also). Then you can load both of these library files and use the Import function to bring any or all of the performances from both into the user area - as long as the maximum doesn't exceed 640 - this can then be saved as a new user file.

Seems like a good workaround solution, thanks. Hardly in line with the statement from Bad Mr on filehandling being ported to a computer for easier handling, but maybe these are early days. Anyhow I'll give the Montage a couple of more weeks before giving up on it as a complementary board to my Nord stage.

Posted : 26/09/2016 6:47 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us