Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage Early Adopter Program

13 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Do you guys know about the Montage early adopter program. Early adopter gets a Pedal pack. But what i came to know that the registration ended April 30 2016. What about all the people who did not know about this program or came to know after the registration was closed. I came to know about this program first week of May and i already got my Montage 6. Yamaha will i get the pedal pack. Please make us happy Yamaha.

Posted : 11/05/2016 2:27 pm
Robert

I'm in the exact same boat and super bummed. Not sure why it doesn't just go out to those who BOUGHT a Montage instead of those who reserved one and signed up for the pedal promotion. Those people may never actually buy one, whereas we already bought ours. Surely WE are the early adopters?

I also didn't know about the promotion until it was too late.

Posted : 11/05/2016 2:38 pm
Topic starter

I know, even i am bummed. You are right it should go out to those who bought and not only to those who registered for. I did contact on the phone number that was provided on that promotion page and been talking to them for last couple days. I finally got an answer today that those who did not register before April 30 are not eligible which is not right. Did you try to contact Yamaha? Did you get any answer from them?

Yamaha please extend this promotion and make us happy who are really the early adopter πŸ™

Posted : 11/05/2016 3:09 pm
Craig

Congrats on the purchases and I love my Montage which I just received yesterday.

Did you pre-order before 1 MAY 16 or buy after they were in stock.

I pre-ordered and my dealer went out of their way to make sure I had registered, although I registered as soon the promotion was made public.

There is also a thread here on getting the Bosendorfer Grand download so be sure to register for that.

Craig

Posted : 11/05/2016 3:58 pm
Topic starter

Thanks,

Yes, it is an amazing synth.

Unfortunately i did not know about this promotional program until first week of May.

I ordered my Montage in first week on May and received it yesterday.

I am trying to talk to Yamaha about this. I hope Yamaha does not disappoint all the early adopters who forgot to register or did not know about this promotion.

Posted : 11/05/2016 4:17 pm

I pre-ordered mine on April 14 and I still have not received it - Montage 8.

Posted : 11/05/2016 5:06 pm
 Greg

Well, the offer was out there from Jan 21 - April 30. You didn't need to buy anything, just sign up. (and then later buy a keyboard) Since I don't work for Yamaha, I'll just assume that the reason for the promotion was to gauge demand, so manufacturing could make the right number for launch. If you didn't know about the offer until after April 30, then you weren't able to help Yamaha plan their production - I don't see why they owe you anything other than an awesome keyboard.

BTW - it's 6-8 weeks for delivery of the pedal pack. I don't know anyone who could wait 6-8 minutes for a sustain pedal, so I expect everyone's going to have plenty of spares.

Posted : 11/05/2016 9:42 pm
Kiwi
 Kiwi

Interesting. I ordered a Montage 7 on Apr 30th and was told by the distributor that this was the last day for the promo and that I ought to register for it.
After hanging up the phone, I went to the promo site to register but could not complete it because it prompted me for a Serial Number for which I couldn't complete because I had not received the keyboard yet.
When I called the promo company the following Monday (5/2) about this, I was advised to try again but use 'N/A' or 'Not received yet' as the serial number. When I tried that, it told me that I didn't register in time.
I called the promo company back and she said to call Monday of this week and she will have talked to Yamaha.
When I logged on here today to see that the promo was closed and I was out of luck, I called the same person at the promo company and she said as much.
Hmm, I would think that anyone that BUYS a Montage BEFORE they hit the street would also qualify as an Early Adopter having only seen the Montage in YouTube videos and a couple of Yamaha vids.
Despite the limited Montage videos showing mostly Super Knob, Seattle Strings, Yamaha CFX, Super Knob, Seamless Switching, Super Knob, and the thousands of marketing buzzwords, some people went ahead and ordered sight unseen. Did I mention the Super Knob?

That goes beyond Early Adopter to brand loyalty (speaking as a former Classic Mo, former Motif ES, and current Motif XF owner).

But I guess after selling me a >$3,000 keyboard Yamaha believes that it's worth it for them to haggle over a $200 Pedal Pack.
Especially given that some who registered for the Pedal Pack will not purchase the Monatge after all.

Good thing Yamaha has righteous guys like Greg to tell all of us great unwashed that we should just take our lumps because Yamaha doesn't owe us anything.

Posted : 12/05/2016 12:00 am
 Greg

If you tried to register on 4/30 and it failed, that seems like a very good argument to make. Otherwise, I don't understand how reading the rules is somehow insulting or pointing to some lack of cleanliness. Now I remember why I hate social media. Have a nice day.

Posted : 12/05/2016 2:52 am
New Member Guest

hey where's my "gift" I bought a new Yamaha motorcycle back in 1977 and have had many Yamaha product since?

shurely thats early adopting?

Posted : 12/05/2016 6:03 am
 Lgm

well actually it was my 1977 Yamaha vibrator and as memory serves I smoked about 15 motors on that sucker for all the time i used it.
maybe my wife's occasional use had something to do with that.

Yamaha should have learned to make motors from Evinrude because every vibrator that I had custom made after that always had Evinrude motors.
probably explains why I walk funny.

Posted : 12/05/2016 10:54 am
Stephan

Just got my Early Adopter pedals for the Montage7. How cool!

Posted : 24/05/2016 7:04 pm
Stephan

Just got my Early Adopter pedals for the Montage7. How cool!

Posted : 24/05/2016 7:04 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us