Clear all

Montage Firmware 1.50

22 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member

Jeremy wrote:

Is there a link to the version 1.5 data list? I can only see "MONTAGE6/7/8 Data List V1.10" in the downloads.

The data list and new features documentation are included with the firmware update. Each firmware update of late has followed this model where the documentation is updated in the firmware ZIP file without necessarily updating the downloads list with the latest documentation-only PDFs.

Complete firmware file list:

8N70OS_.PGM --------------- Firmware image
montage_en_dl_d0.pdf ----- Updated Data List (Last page showing "Published 01/2017 MW-D0")
montage_en_nf_c0.pdf ----- New Features Document (basically a reference manual or owner's manual supplement)
montage_de_nf_c0.pdf ----- New Features Document, more languages ...
montage_es_nf_c0.pdf
montage_fr_nf_c0.pdf
montage_it_nf_c0.pdf
montage_ja_nf_c0.pdf
montage_ko_nf_c0.pdf
montage_nl_nf_c0.pdf
montage_pt_nf_c0.pdf
montage_ru_nf_c0.pdf
montage_zh_nf_c0.pdf
v150_Readme_en.txt ------- Changes summary, update instructions - text file
v150_Readme_ja.txt

Posted : 07/02/2017 9:34 am
Jeremy

Thanks Jason, overlooked that.

Posted : 07/02/2017 10:17 am
 Tho
Trusted Member

Successful update to new firmware version 1.5.
I read someone said that they have trouble with some voices without sounds after update the firmware 1.5 Please reload Your Users Files after updating and it will be fine.

Posted : 07/02/2017 2:51 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Tho - good for the update! Don't forget ;Connect' v1.02 to go with it - the new version installs over the top of the old. 'Twas I that lost some sounds (surprise!) - because I did not re-load the Libraries first, and then the User Bank. So some of my sounds that had been produced from Library Performances failed to work without their Libraries present. BM explained this, and is currently helping me to avoid this in future. For the problem I have now, I propose to re-install the Libraries (just started) and see if that works ...

Posted : 07/02/2017 5:00 pm
david
Reputable Member

Also don't forget to turn off the "Blur" and "Animations" which are set by default to "ON". This will speed up your OS considerably.

Posted : 09/02/2017 8:05 pm

Thanks!

Posted : 15/02/2017 11:59 am

Bad Mister wrote:

There are only two kinds of technology users, those who backup their data and those who have catastrophes...

Make sure you backup each Library, your User Bank, your Songs, all of your data. Performing the firmware update 1.50 will wipe out the Libraries, the User Bank, even the Songs in your Song folder. (I recommend you have a .mid File for each installed Song). You will need to reinstall your Libraries!
(Details: You cannot make a direct backup of your Library data - if you have installed a Library and have that original file, locate it before doing the Firmware Update). If not, use the IMPORT LIBRARY File feature to move the Library data to the USER Bank and then SAVE as "Library file".)

The download includes instructions. Don't forget to download the new version of the Montage Connect (v1.0.2)

Read the documentation twice. Once before performing the update, and then the second time as you perform the update. The actual update is easy, a child could do it. The important thing is to not interrupt the process once it has begun. In the unlikely event you get struck by lightning or your power goes off during the process, you will need to redo the firmware update process, again, when power is restored. If it will not proceed contact your regional Yamaha office... when your power is restored. Otherwise, do not interrupt the firmware update process, and you will be fine.

Because new Performance data has been added, and new features, you may find you have to or you may want to, redo and/or tweak your custom setups. One piece of good news, the new firmware adds the BACKUP FILE (.7XA) which from now on will allow you to place everything in one file (good news for traveling musicians who rent backline Montage's) - you can transfer "your" Montage to the borrowed unit in one operation.

CAUTION
- This updater is only for the MONTAGE synthesizer.
- This updater is to be used at the user's own risk.
- All User memory (Library data, User data, User sample and so on) will be initialized by this updater. Please make sure that you have saved all User data to a USB flash drive before performing this update.
- The unit may become inoperable if the electrical supply is interrupted while running the updater (by disconnecting the AC cord, etc.). If this happens, run the updater again from the first step.
- If the unit does not function after running the updater, please contact your nearest Yamaha service center.
Yamaha Global Gateway
https://www.yamaha.com/countries/

Posted : 01/03/2017 4:28 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us