Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage freezes during overdub

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

My Montage freezes during first overdub always at same point about bar 40. When it freezes, the last sound stays on and continues as though on hold. The effect reminded me of the old midi lock out problem of early machines....very disappointing having spent so much money on the 8. When it freezes it takes about 15 seconds to stop and then the record function won't work at all. Turning off and on puts the machine back to 'normal' but if I try to overdub again...the same happens.....any ideas? Thanks.

Posted : 25/07/2016 8:34 pm
Bad Mister

Not much we can tell you from the information provided. But since it is known that the recorder can record more than 40 Bars, we'd have to conclude that it has something to do with what you are recording and how.

Try any of the Preset PERFORMANCES, just as a test. If it has a problem at measure 40, then we know something. Let us know. Any details would be helpful. Are you using pedals? If so, which ones?

Posted : 25/07/2016 11:04 pm
Topic starter

Thanks BM. I have been using "soft & dirty" and overdubbed with same ....nothing massive just simple chord blocks. Tried something simpler like a piano and got the same result on overdub....then got Complete lock out and what reminds of the old midi-freeze. In response to your question...I have one fc7 pedal connected to operate super-Knob...I am really worried I have a dud machine now with a nasty bug or proper fault. Not sure what to do next ....v

Posted : 26/07/2016 7:37 pm

Do you have the latest operation software installed ? Or try factory reset ?

Posted : 26/07/2016 8:54 pm
Bad Mister

Tried something simpler like a piano and got the same result on overdub....

At exactly measure 40?

If you wish to get help here you have to be a bit more descriptive.
What is connected via MIDI/USB?

What does "overdubbed with same" mean, exactly.
I think we will find your issue in the explanation of whatever that phrase means...

Posted : 27/07/2016 2:12 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us