Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage = Genius!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

While many of the discussion here involve questions, respectfully submitted suggestions, or insistent demands for possibly impossible features - many of us have also had occasions when we've run across features of the Montage that struck us as especially clever, elegant, or even genius! Here are a few of my favorites:

1) Connecting the SuperKnob to a foot controller. The SuperKnob alone is amazing, but connecting it to a foot controller is totally awesome. Never has my left foot been given so much power.

2) Use of buttons and lights to streamline menus and navigation. While the touchscreen is handy, there are times when it's is easier to just press a physical button. Many of the touch screen functions are simultaneously mapped to lighted buttons, learning these shortcuts really speeds navigation.

3) The Element Switches on the Part Mod Control Assign screen. Given the incredible flexibility and depth of this instrument, creating a user interface to harness this power must have been a major challenge. This is an example of a really elegant solution to what could have been a user's nightmare.

4) The Motion Control Overview screen:

Clearly some programmer had a free afternoon and decided to have some fun while nobody was watching. I'm not sure I quite understand everything that is happening here, but my friends are very impressed.

Posted : 30/08/2016 2:59 pm
Bad Mister

Awesome!

The Motion Control Overview is like the patch cables in a big modular synthesizer or the patchbay in a recording studio, the finished product looks like so much spaghetti on a plate, but each represents a Control matrix connection. You can touch the words, "Controller", "Assignable", "Fader", and "Super Knob" to customize the view -say you only want to look at what's happening Common Assignable, you could tun off the others so only the green Assignable connectors were showing. Then perhaps, you want to view Part 1's Assignable, and so forth.

Then the "shortcut" box, right next to the PART selection box "Edit Common Control Settings" takes you directly to the assignment.
Add this OVERVIEW screen to your exploration skills, it can really help you see how the Performance is constructed.

Imagine, it was patched one connection at a time! (although the eight Faders are a given)

See, I'm curious right now, what's the Ribbon Controller is doing to Parts 4, 5 and 6 and it appears the MW is also assigned to do something to those same three Parts (and Part 1), hmmm!

Enjoy!

Posted : 30/08/2016 4:35 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us