Notifications
Clear all

Montage hidden (to me) MIDI control settings

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 John
Topic starter

Hi all, new here, thanks in advance for any help. I've connected an iPad to the Montage via iRig Duo so that I can use B3X. All is going well except when I change performances Montage will send a volume change message to the iPad on CC 7. I cannot for the life of me figure out where to set that in Montage or how it chose different values for the various performances. Any hints greatly appreciated.

Posted : 22/01/2022 3:48 pm
 John
Topic starter

Thanks Bill, but my question isn't related to performance volume.

Posted : 22/01/2022 5:17 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The CC7 message is coming from the Part's level. I'm not sure how you have your keyboard configured - in Multi-Channel or Single/Hybrid mode. I group Single and Hybrid together because they both would have similar limitations in addressing your external gear (assuming Zone control is OFF). Note: if zone control is used as suggested below, it will override your single/hybrid mode. Therefore, it would not matter so much that you are using that mode.

The best way to address the BX3 is to use Zone Control (Master=ON) and dedicate a Part to the BX3 (Part Zone=ON for this Part). Then in the zone settings for this Part, you can turn off the CC7 messages or you can set the volume to a fixed value that doesn't change. There are a number of ways to accomplish this.

It's not necessarily that you could not do this without zone control. However, zone control gives you more flexibility for handling the external device.

Some options: Zone transmit Vol/Exp OFF, Zone Settings MIDI Volume - set all Performances you use w/BX3 to the same volume, Zone Settings Vol/Exp switch turned off. Set Int SW to OFF since this Part will not be for internal control.

Some amount of overview is here: https://yamahasynth.com/learn/montage/zone-master-faq-mastering-montage

Posted : 22/01/2022 5:55 pm
 John
Topic starter

Jason, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks so much!

Posted : 22/01/2022 8:28 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us