Montage Update 2.0 with Cubase 8.5+ concern

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Fess
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hey gang,

I haven't yet updated to 2.0 even though I'd love to have the Motif performances. The reason is, I am worried that my projects saved in Montage and Cubase will not load properly due to the Song & Performance link being currently broken as others have reported. I understand Yamaha are aware of the issue and hopefully are working on it. Currently with my projects using Montage with Cubase the MIDI recorded into Cubase triggers the Montage parts of performances so I'm not really using Song mode on the Montage itself. Have others that use Cubase with Montage experienced any bugs when reloading backups of performances? Do your projects created in Montage version 1.6 play back correctly after updating to 2.0 and reloading the backup(s) made in 1.6? At this point I cannot risk losing any work so I have to be sure that my projects will load exactly as they were in 1.6 and work seamlessly with Cubase when I upgrade to 2.0. I am using Cubase Pro 8.5 btw, as I've never had a need to update further. Thanks for your time and all the best with your musical creations.

Posted : 01/03/2018 1:27 pm
Bad Mister

Fess,
We would need more information on how you were working with your MONTAGE and Cubase. Since you are not linking MONTAGE Songs & Performances, that will not affect you at all.

You don’t mention what you are using to recall the program on the MONTAGE (which is the critical information to provide you an answer). Are you using MONTAGE CONNECT inside Cubase to back up your MONTAGE settings? Are you using Bank Select (MSB/LSB) and Program Changes within the song to make changes to MONTAGE?

If you are at all nervous, or don’t remember what you’ve done, finish the project before updating your MONTAGE. (hopefully you are one who does finish projects).

MONTAGE CONNECT does not care where the original Performance was stored, it simply restores your data to the MONTAGE’s Edit Buffer...

Posted : 01/03/2018 2:05 pm
 Fess
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi BM, and thanks for replying. I'm OCD about saving things so I save the Cubase project with Montage Connect active, then I save the performance on Montage. I noticed that when saving the project in Cubase (and with Montage Connect active) the Montage also saves the Performance. In that case I'm being redundant with saves...that's the OCD, but anyway- There are no program changes in my Cubase project but there are controller changes. Basically, I recorded the tweaks in real-time on Montage and when I play the project back in Cubase, all the tweaks happen as the song progresses-it's a smooth workflow. I just want to make sure I don't lose any Montage Performance control integration, or scramble the parts in the Montage performance when playing back in Cubase. It's not a necessity to update to 2.0 right now, but being a Motif XF user, I am a bit anxious to get those performances into Montage. And yes, I finish projects...the good ones of course:)
I'm still going to wait a couple of weeks before I update as I have enough on my plate right now to deal with, but eventually I want to get those Motif performances on tap as well. Thanks again.

Posted : 01/03/2018 5:05 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us