Clear all

Montage VST Editor?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Will a VST Editor like the one for the Motif XF be provided for the Montage?

Posted : 19/02/2016 1:55 am
Michael

Suspect it depends on whether Yamaha Marketing believes the studio musician is a significant sales opportunity.

Posted : 19/02/2016 3:40 am
Bad Mister

I'm sorry, I don't have any specifics on the nature of any Montage Editors (perhaps Mike knows - he seems to be answering/speculating on the subject) 🙂
I don't have any specifics yet on an Editor, when I do, I'll let you know.

Posted : 19/02/2016 3:16 pm
Michael

😀 Of course I was speculating ("suspect").

Just to put that speculation in context, when the Tyros 5 was released, it was released without the Voice Creator / Editor functionality that was on the Tyros 4. This thread provides the thoughts of folks considering purchasing the Tyros 5 as well as "rumors" that Yamaha was considering creating a Voice Creator / Editor software package after the release of the Tyros 5.

Some folks - including myself - decided that without this software functionality, they wouldn't purchase the Tyros5. Of course I don't know whether the "fence-sitter" market influenced Yamaha's decision to spend 1+ year (post delivery of the Tyros 5) on the development effort that has resulted in the latest YEM version that provides Voice Creation from samples as well as from existing Tyros 5 pre-sets.

I can say that the delivery of this YEM software influenced my decision to purchase the Tyros5 (to go with my MOX).

I can also say I won't consider upgrading my MOX to the Montage unless there is a robust VST Editor that will support DAW-centric composition and arrangement as well as "Part" editing / design; also completely understand that I may be a potential buyer within a small niche market that doesn't warrant the effort to provide a robust VST Editor. NP, enjoying my Yamaha tools as part of my home music production studio rig.

Cheers.

Posted : 19/02/2016 5:57 pm
Eminent Member

Moving many features from the Motif out of the box towards the DAW, would make it only natural to have a VST editor for teh Montage...

The only thing that got me wondering is why they removed the physicalmDAW controll button from the Motif? Because i expact DAW controll and using the Montage in combination with software programs and VST's is what will make it a studio beast...

If younlook around you at companies like Nektar, NI and Akai, how they are integrating hardware with software, then a mode comparable to VIP or NI controll would make the Montage the perfect tool...

In my book, this century is all about integration. With good integration, using a DAW to sequence is a step forward, witouth good integration, it is a burden.

Posted : 21/02/2016 9:28 am

I realize this is an OLD thread and I may have missed the release by Yamaha or John Melas (loved his toolset for my ES and XS) ??

I'm old and fat and wear trifocals - I can't sit hunched over keyboard(s) for more than short periods to do SIMPLE edits let alone "deep diving" - that simply wears out my back, neck and and eyes.

PLEASE someone point me to an editor if I missed it or build one I'll pay handsomely for it- LOL

Thanks

PS, PIPE DREAM only "desirement" - it would be great to have a USB out to a touch screen device (e.g., 2-1 laptop, large tablet) that duplicates the Montage screen (parallel interface if you like. as a engineer I'd call it the other thing [i.e., master-slave interface] but what a war that would start)

Yes I know that requires a firmware update at a MINIMUM (plus probably new internal bus routing or stubs) and if not planned for when initially designed is just a pipe dream. Maybe on the next Yamaha board.

Posted : 10/11/2017 7:56 pm
Bad Mister

PS, PIPE DREAM only "desirement" - it would be great to have a USB out to a touch screen device (e.g., 2-1 laptop, large tablet) that duplicates the Montage screen (parallel interface if you like.

Can't help you yet on the other requests just yet, but there is an unofficial option to connect the MONTAGE via USB to an external touch screen... that exist. I say unofficial because it is not a supported feature, but with the proper USB to VGA/HDMI adapter you can connect the MONTAGE to an external touch screen.

Yamaha does not officially list this as a feature because we cannot test and support all the different options available... but when doing in store presentation and at trade shows you can find the MONTAGE connected to external displays... If you GOOGLE it, I'm sure you can find someone who has that working at home right now.

Posted : 10/11/2017 8:24 pm
 Andy
Eminent Member

It would be neat If there was a way to display the Montage screen on a Ipad Pro.

Posted : 10/11/2017 11:51 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us