Clear all

Tempo Control

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi

Will it be possible to have the tempo of a midi or wav file, to be controlled from a microphone in a live kick drum ?

Many thanks.

Posted : 21/02/2016 6:15 pm
Bad Mister

Kevan wrote:

Hi

Will it be possible to have the tempo of a midi or wav file, to be controlled from a microphone in a live kick drum ?

Many thanks.

A signal routed to the Montage A/D Input can be used to control the Tempo (Clock) of the Motion Control Synth Engine. This means it can provide tempo for all clockable devices: arpeggiators, Motion Sequences, Tempo driven Effect types, Common LFO, etc. This includes playback of MIDI files.

Not the tempo from .wav files which typically have their own built in tempo. When playing back a .wav file the Montage will stream it direct from a connected USB flash drive. If you play the .wavfile through the A/D Input, then the Montage can use its Auto Beat Detection to derive a clock from that source.

Posted : 21/02/2016 9:36 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you very much Phil.

I was hoping it would work with Midi files, so this opens up some useful possibilities in a live situation.

Posted : 22/02/2016 12:28 pm
Eminent Member

Now a question arises... Would it be possible to make the arps and drums in Montage follow the tempo of my piano playing (on the Montage)?

Posted : 22/02/2016 8:45 pm
Bad Mister

Jules wrote:

Now a question arises... Would it be possible to make the arps and drums in Montage follow the tempo of my piano playing (on the Montage)?

No.

Posted : 22/02/2016 9:57 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us