Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage White Announced

40 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Stefan

Interesting question: will the Montage get the rhythm patterns the MODX has? Will the MODX get the DAW remote feature the Montage has? Since they get an update at the same time, will the performances be loadable in both directions?

Posted : 22/09/2019 8:55 pm
 Fess
Trusted Member

Interesting question: will the Montage get the rhythm patterns the MODX has? Will the MODX get the DAW remote feature the Montage has? Since they get an update at the same time, will the performances be loadable in both directions?

Annnd dumbest question of the day award goes to...

Been meaning to ask you how that foot tastes? You were always shitting on the sequencer idea' Oh I don't need that...isn't that what you said?

It's a good thing Yamaha can discern what's an important feature and what isn't - based on majority feedback of course, and not the personal preferences of the entitled few.

Posted : 22/09/2019 10:12 pm
Darryl
Prominent Member

It is clear that both the Montage and the MODX get new updates. That's the great news. It was a long waiting but finally it is clear that this is not a finished EOL product line. Nice that I was not proven wrong.
As I said before, I am not interested in the sequencer. But I am glad it comes because it will make the Montage attractive for more people. Which is a win for the ecosystem! So hopefully it is good. There will of course be people for which it is not enough, but that's unavoidable.

I don't have any stats to back this up & I could be totally incorrect on this, but I find generally on most 'Montage' forum threads, most Montage owners don't seem to care to have a full sequencer added (myself included); not to say there aren't a percentage of Montage users that really wanted a sequencer, but maybe not the majority for that specific product. In contrast, on most 'MODX' based forum threads, I've found that they (the majority of MODX owners) did want a sequencer added. I could be wrong and maybe didn't read all the various posts in all threads on this; however regardless if my observations on sequencers for Montage vs MODX are correct or incorrect, it's irrelevant, as I agree that it is "good for the ecosystem", as Stefan said, that they gave a sequencer to the Montage/MODX line(I think especially for MODX owners), because if the MODX owners are happy & new owners come about in droves because no other Synth in that price range can offer so much, including now a sequencer & all the awesome sampled sounds/Performances that come with it, then they are going to continue increasing sales on the MODX hugely with this, and also I think the Montage sales will go up a bit as well. What's good for the MODX is good for the Montage, so even though I would have preferred other features/enhancements instead of a sequencer, I think it is an acceptable trade-off, will be a good thing overall for the longevity of both these products, and I believe they will continue to expand on these synths' feature sets, enhancing them with even more updates in the future! So it's a win for all of us either way... πŸ˜‰

KBD CTRL is now included in Scenes...huge win!! I know I'm not the first or only one to add this as an idea up on yamahasynth.ideascale.com,
"Add [KBD CTRL] to SCENE Mixing! (Montage/MODX)"
https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Add-KBD-CTRL-to-SCENE-Mixing!-Montage-MODX/230456-45978

, but it sure didn't hurt that I & others added it as an idea on that site, that people 'Up Voted' it, and people discussed it in forum posts, because it is now a reality! So, keep adding ideas to ideascale and 'Up Vote' the ones that you like, because Yamaha just proved to all of us that 'they are listening' to our ideas πŸ˜‰

Extended LFO ... Now that's what I'm talking about!! πŸ˜€
What is interesting about this new feature is that I was just about to post another idea on ideascale yesterday, because I realized there isn't anything on the Montage quite as good as the DX7II's 'Multi' LFO Mode. I love using this as a Crazy type of vibrato on synth solos on my DX7II via Aftertouch, something no other synth that I've heard has the ability to do/sound quite like this; until today, when the Montage did it in spades! After listening to Dom demo the new Extended LFO, Yamaha have basically brought back the DX7II 'Multi' LFO Mode and laced it with Crack! :p Sweet!!!

Posted : 23/09/2019 2:28 am
Jason
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Also 10:08 of the Avery*Sunshine interview (added in the 2nd set of sessions) - discuss the new firmware absolutely does have keyboard control saved in scenes now.

Posted : 23/09/2019 2:47 am
 Fess
Trusted Member

Where is that update?

Posted : 23/09/2019 3:31 am
Stefan

Also 10:08 of the Avery*Sunshine interview (added in the 2nd set of sessions) - discuss the new firmware absolutely does have keyboard control saved in scenes now.

Thanks, that’s pretty clear, yes! Awesome!

Posted : 23/09/2019 4:24 am
Stefan

Annnd dumbest question of the day award goes to...

Been meaning to ask you how that foot tastes? You were always shitting on the sequencer idea' Oh I don't need that...isn't that what you said?

It's a good thing Yamaha can discern what's an important feature and what isn't - based on majority feedback of course, and not the personal preferences of the entitled few.

The rhythm patterns have nothing to do with the sequencer. They are just a way to select drum parts and associated ARPs. They add nothing which is not in the Montage already but just make it fast to find things. A good thing for quickly practicing.

Posted : 23/09/2019 4:30 am
 C
Eminent Member

I see the montage firmware is available for download now

Is there any confirmation on the landing date for version 2 for MODX ?

Posted : 23/09/2019 6:55 am
Jason
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

See 1st message in thread.

Comments mention/claim Montage OS 3.0 available at 10PM EDT 9/22, MODX OS 2.0 available at 10PM EDT 10/24

This was from a comment authored by Hans-Peter.

Posted : 23/09/2019 11:17 am
Jason
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Added more videos to 1st post ...

Posted : 23/09/2019 12:42 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us