Notifications
Clear all

Motif Waveform Editor with Montage - new Montage user here

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Sayid
Topic starter

Hello everyone. Got my Montage 6 a few days ago, till now - very satisfied customer.
I have a question about custom voices import. I understand that Montage can not import individual voices in motif format (x3v), instead of that, it has to be the motif xf all file (X3A). Ok, got that. I have a lot of motif xf custom voices (some of them are converted from other formats into x3v), and I can not use them with montage.
The question is - if I buy Melas Motif Waveform Editor, will I be able to properly collect and export my custom voices from Editor, into a usefull X3A library. I mean, will Montage ''read'' the voices properly, because I have read that a few people had problems with custom voices playing same note above C5 and similar. Thanks everyone in advance.

Posted : 04/07/2016 12:42 am
Bad Mister

I understand that Montage can not import individual voices in motif format (x3v), instead of that, it has to be the motif xf all file (X3A).

The Montage can load .X3V, .X3A, .X3W and .X3G file formats. Please see the Reference Manual page 176

Posted : 04/07/2016 12:49 am
Tarek
Eminent Member

Hi Sayid,

I actually emailed John Melas asking him if the Motif version of the Waveform Editor will work with the new Montage. He replied that unfortunately No. but he plans to release a future version of the Waveform Editor that will support the Montage. So, I didn't bother buying the current Melas Waveform Editor, and decided to wait for the future version that will support the Montage.

Hope this is helpful.

Oh.. on a side note, It would be great if Yamaha offered their own Montage Waveform Editor, although I'm not optimistic they will. imho. the software support part from Yamaha for the Montage is pretty weak at this point in time. Maybe this will change in the future, but kind of odd, that we have the HW, yet missing the SW support for it.

Cheers,
Tarek

Posted : 04/07/2016 1:21 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi friends.
I have used the waveform editor to manage my XF file (remove piano sounds & waveforms, some voices tha i didn't use, user arps i don't need ... and pass from a XF file from 1.6 Go to 360 Mo size).
I have load it on the Montage as user for test and finaly load it in library, it's work fine.

My advice, if you have already buy the waveform editor for the XF and now you have the Montage, try if it's work for you too and report here, it will help John to know if all is working or not.

If you don't have already buy the waveform editor, wait the future version to be sure all will work fine.

Posted : 04/07/2016 11:05 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us