Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

motion sequences as workaround for pattern-like recording?

21 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Jan wrote: I find it odd people getting frustrated about a product they don't own

oh, so you think it´s better to get frustrated about a product AFTER you´ve purchased it? /facepalm

Falk wrote: no editing of arps is possible. Yamaha please correct this.

but then again: how would you put them into tracks when you have to record all tracks simultaneously? the whole concept seems to be flawed. there´s no difference between audio and midi recording in that regard. in both cases only your performance--everything you play with your fingers + pedal movement--will be stored. gee, i´d love to put a 4-bar drum arp into track 10, measure 12, and a 4-bar guitar arp into track 3 at measure such-and-such.. my dad´s m-1 from 1989--which came with 100 pattern slots—was able do this, for god´s sake!

Posted : 25/04/2016 11:05 pm

Proving once again that when you need assistance with a clogged drain, you call a butcher.
When you're in the market for a new automobile, the zoo is the best place to start.
And when you want to talk to someone who knows R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Automation...you talk to 'Markus'.

The only thing Markus has accomplished is cement his status as a colostomy bag with ears. (Not that there was any doubt.)

Posted : 26/04/2016 1:44 am

Jan wrote:

Errors? Err. Those are not "errors" or "mistakes". Those are consequences of very careful business decisions, based on what the MAJORITY is after. If Yamaha's research indicates that ARP editing is used by a tiny fraction of the userbase then it makes no sense to keep developing it (and in case of Montage: porting this functionality to the new OS). "Useless as a standalon production tool"? Possibly, but then again Montage was clearly not meant to serve as such, it's targeting the DAW-people market and Yamaha has been pretty open about it.

May I also add that I find it odd people getting frustrated about a product they don't own and that nobody forces them to purchase. I, personally, am not psyched about the new "3-part piano" or "7-part strings workflow", because I loved multitimbrality for allowing me to audition and tweak 16 instruments at once. With the "bigger" multi-part sounds obviously that might no longer be the case. But hey, maybe the Montage is simply not for me?

Wait a minute, Jan! Don't you know? Markus is an expert in this field.
Why, he's here to educate us all....especially Phil on matters of all things keyboard. He's the second coming of Foleycore with the exception that Foleycore knew a little of what he was talking about.
Markus is the 'Anti-Montage Messiah'!!
Bow before him all you unwashed heathens!
He will set you on the path of truth and righteousness.
He will even tell show Yamaha how they have been doing it all wrong since 1887.
LOL!

Posted : 26/04/2016 1:50 am
 Jan

Markus wrote:

I find it odd people getting frustrated about a product they don't own

oh, so you think it´s better to get frustrated about a product AFTER you´ve purchased it? /facepalm

That is literally the least likely conclusion that one would draw from my "I find it odd people getting frustrated about a product they don't own" statement. It is NOT MANDATORY to get frustrated at all, so it's not a choice of "before/after". Anyway, here's a pretty universal decision tree:

You are clearly at the NO/YES branch, while behaving as if you were at YES/YES.

Hope this helps, as I used my company's resources for this.

Posted : 26/04/2016 7:52 am
 Ryan
Eminent Member

🙁

Posted : 01/05/2016 10:01 pm
david
Reputable Member

YOU'RE FIRED!!

Posted : 02/05/2016 2:42 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us