Notifications
Clear all

MSB, LSB PC "Property" Option Just on Part 1

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Brit
Topic starter

Hello, I have a montage keyboard that i use with an akai mpc touch. The mpc touch allows me to save MSB, LSB, and program change settings. I've noticed, while in multi-timbral mode, the option to see the "property" of patch, only is available on part one. Therefore, it makes it more difficult to find the msb, lsb, pc, of a particular patch, in the context of a multi-timbral set up. can this be updated, to include property option on all 16 parts? is there a work around?

Attached files

Posted : 20/03/2018 11:26 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Below (the dotted line) not erased even though it was off-base - updating with following:

I initially read your question incorrectly. I understand you're trying to use the "Property" feature to display (not change) MSB/LSB/PC information. The below answer does not cover this question at all and therefore is in left-field.

I do not have my keyboard at the ready - but am not surprised you cannot highlight/select different PARTs and select the "Property" button to display properties of each PART. I do not believe the individual PARTs save the source information for each PART. Once you stuff a PART - everything turns into a pointer to waveforms. This is a consequence of removing Voices.

Since what you display in the picture is a single-part library, if you want the full mapping for all 16 PARTs (single) this would be the same MSB/LSB/PC but different MIDI channels (1-16).

If you want the whole performance (all 16 PARTs at once) - then you would go the PERFORMANCE (HOME) screen, touch the performance name, then pick the left-hand menu that displays "Information" -- maybe it says "Properties" there too -- going by memory.

---------
Following doesn't answer question, is a "how to" change all 16 PARTs using MSB/LSB/PC - which is different from what's asked.

There's no work around. There's nothing wrong. You're using the wrong MSB/LSB/PC combo.

From another post (note: all values below are in decimal):

V2.0 Mapping:
63/00-63/31 == Single-Part Preset 1-32
63/32-63/36 == Single-Part User 1-5
63/40-63/79 == Single-Part Library 1-40
64/00-64/31 == Multi-Part Preset 1-32
64/32-64/36 == Multi-Part User 1-5
64/40-64/79 == Multi-Part Library 1-40

Reference for above: Page 184 of https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/2/1153992/montage_en_dl_g0.pdf

Be aware that if your firmware is not version 2.0 or above, then you have to use the old mapping:

Previous to V2.0 Mapping:
63/00-63/15 == Single-Part Preset 1-16 (half the size as V2.0)
63/16-63/20 == Single-Part User 1-5 (nothing matches, single-part user are presets in V2.0)
63/24-63/63 == Single-Part Library 1-40
63/64-63/79 == Multi-Part Preset 1-16
63/80-63/84 == Multi-Part User 1-5 (User performances in old firmware point to reserved space in V2.0)
63/88-63/127 == Multi-Part Library 1-40

Depending on the firmware you have - pick the LSB/MSB/PC combination that applies to "Multi-Part". For V2.0 this includes all LSB/PC combinations that have an MSB of 64. Previous to firmware 2.0, the "Multi-Part" performances have an LSB of 64 and above. You can continue using MIDI channel 1 for the Multi-Part performances. This will change the entire Performance (not just a single PART). That's the "multi-part" part of "multi-part".

What you have been doing is using the SINGLE-PART MSB/LSB/PC sets. When you use SINGLE, this changes only a single PART. You can (one-by-one, hence "single") select any ONE of the 16 PARTs. You do this, using SINGLE-PART, by changing the MIDI Channel to match which PART you want to change. If you use the same MSB/LSB/PC set (say 63/0/0 which is the SINGLE-PART change to Preset Performance #1 = "CFX + FM EP"), then you can send this to MIDI channel 1 and PART 1 will change to "CFX + FM EP". If you set the MIDI channel to channel 2 and send 63/0/0 then only PART 2 will change to "CFX + FM EP" ... and so on through channel 16.

Posted : 21/03/2018 4:35 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us