Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Music software/

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I transferred 2 tracks/songs onto my flash drive/USB onto my windows laptop. I uploaded the songs onto Windows Media Player and converted the file to MP3. But when I listen to the track, it does not have the same sound quality with the voice I used. It sounds flat. Also I have a track with multiple performances, converted also, but when I played it, it did not sound right. Do I need to purchase a music software? Such as pro tools or FL studios? Which music software would you recommend for my montage?

Posted : 28/02/2019 2:09 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Montage comes with a license for Cubase which can handle audio.

Does it sound flat as in pitch - or as in dynamic range (loud vs soft) - or something else? If flat pitch - this may be because of sample rate conversion on your audio software importing one frequency and then assuming another - thus altering the pitch.

Posted : 28/02/2019 2:49 pm
Topic starter

Your are right on both flat in pitch and the dynamic range. I dont hear any sustain in the keys

Posted : 28/02/2019 2:58 pm
Topic starter

Again I have Windows Mrdia Player do that can be the problem. Where can I purchase Cubase?

Posted : 28/02/2019 2:59 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Your documentation that came with Montage includes a key for Cubase AI - which is free for Montage users. If you have misplaced the key or have purchased the keyboard 2nd hand and do not have the software - you can send a message to Yamaha support to see if you do or do not qualify for a license so you can benefit from a free download of Cubase AI.

Conversion to MP3 is not a lossless process and settings for this conversion can also make great sounding source wav/aiff file sound horrible.

Posted : 28/02/2019 3:03 pm
Topic starter

Ok. Is there a expiration date on when we would need to download the key Cubase Al for montage users?

Posted : 28/02/2019 3:11 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

There should not be an expiration date. New Montage purchases come with Cubase AI included - when you elect to redeem the software should be open-ended within reason. There's a chance if you try this 20 years from now - that will be a different story. But you should be fine as long as Montage is still in production and selling new stock.

Posted : 28/02/2019 8:36 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us