7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Cant split the bass and the piano on the Yamaha Montage. Can anybody help me

Posted : 13/11/2016 1:43 am
Mr. Spock
Eminent Member

From the performance screen touch the purple bar labeled Range under the Arp/MS icon then a keyboard icon will pop up
touch it and you can set the split by touching a key on the keyboard or you could just dial it in with the scroll wheel .

Hope that helps

Posted : 13/11/2016 2:56 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

A search found:

https://yamahasynth.com/forum/how-do-you-split-the-keyboard-on-the-montage

Searching for "split" in the owners manual (montage_en_om_v102.pdf) found hits on pages 22, page 35, ** page 37 (this walks you through the whole process).

Manuals, drivers, and support software for Montage is on download.yamaha.com and the Montage 8 direct link for all downloads is:

http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com&category_id=16381&product_id=2166246

From this link, you can pick a different model of Montage if you wish but each model should have identical support files.

Posted : 13/11/2016 9:44 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

To complete Mr Spock answer and Jason links, you can see the example on my video at 5min38

https://youtu.be/b8SLsmviBYQ

Take time to watch also the video completly, perhaps you can learn other things.

Posted : 13/11/2016 3:02 pm
Topic starter

Thank everyone for the help in terms of splitting my montage. I will give it a shot. However, I really think many of the videos are vague. It seems that everyone is playing with the super knob instead truely showing what the Montage is really capable of doing. P.S I have the New Korg Kronos As well.

Posted : 13/11/2016 11:44 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Montage videos roughly fall into two broad categories: a) Tutorials, and b) Demo/Marketing (which includes "unboxing" and "Montage vs. xyz")

Although it is true that there are a lot of marketing/demo type videos out there which stress the new features (superknob being easy to visually demo) - there are also lots of Tutorials. They are released by Yamaha and third parties and cover very specific topics.

I purposefully did not respond with a video because I think the manuals get unfair critique. The manual in this case could not be more clear and really walks you through all you need to get the job done.

However, to "prove" that Yamaha has you covered for your question in video (tutorial) form, have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIumqa4bEZA

This covers creating, from the ground up, a split. The demo shows placing an electric piano in the left hand and strings in the right. Joel's videos are very good as well and have English subtitles.

This thread, I have provided links to material in the "tutorial" category: https://yamahasynth.com/forum/request-training-video-for-montage#reply-13628

Although I recently updated it for the Cubase material, the thread is somewhat "stuck in time" - so I would always encourage doing your own search to supplement the thread for any newer material.

Posted : 14/11/2016 8:22 am
Bad Mister

Leonard wrote:

Thank everyone for the help in terms of splitting my montage. I will give it a shot. However, I really think many of the videos are vague. It seems that everyone is playing with the super knob instead truely showing what the Montage is really capable of doing. P.S I have the New Korg Kronos As well.

Creating Splits and Layers can be done easily without leaving the "Home" screen.

One of the design concepts behind Montage was to make the rather deep architecture accessible to both surface swimmers (snorkelers) and interesting to the deep divers (scuba divers). In that spirit you are able to start building your splits and layers using total "finished" PART components... or you can build your own from very raw materials.

You can, from the Home screen, "merge" Performances, (touch "+" to add Part(s)); and you can even set Note Limit regions right on the Home screen, without ever hitting the [EDIT] button. From the Home screen you can quickly view the MIXER and which gives you access effects, EQ, etc. Also the left front panel of knobs and faders give you hardware access to you basic settings per Part.

Mastering just a few fundamental navigational tools will allow you to begin creating your own splits and layer combinations. I suggest working first with Single Parts, until you understand how Multi Part programs work. It's logical - once you've master merging Single Parts into larger programs, you will automatically understand how Multi Part programs come about. It is simply easier to learn with small steps, at first.

Posted : 14/11/2016 3:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us