New Montage

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Do you think that Yamaha got another project in the pipeline i.e lesser Montage like it did with Motif and Moxf .
At the moment they have top of the line instrument but nothing similar for cheaper price something like Montage without FM but with same wave memory.

Posted : 15/06/2016 12:54 pm
david
Reputable Member

When I was young and worked at Nowhere Good (Waffle House) and I managed to save up and buy the SY99 for something like $5,000. This was before mail-order and so I had to pay whatever the local store demanded plus tax. I got ripped. I'd recommend saving your pennies, go cut grass all day long (evenings/weekends or whatever) odd jobs etc. in addition to your regular "day job" and buy the Montage 6. Compared to the $5,000 I paid for the SY99 back in forever ago, half of this cost (shop it around- I'll send you my contact) for the Montage 6 is silly money ;). A Montage without the FMX would NOT do the motion control system justice. Just get it!

Posted : 15/06/2016 4:47 pm
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks I did order Montage already some days ago and yes long time ago I did pay good money for my DX 7,QY 700 ,EX5R ect.
Question is not is the Montage worth the money but will Yamaha do replacment for MOXF ?

Posted : 15/06/2016 5:15 pm

Opposite of me. I wonder if Yamaha will do something like the Montage just without the AWM2. And knobs per function (more or less). Still montage will probably do the job for me even though it has features and pricetag I don't need.

Posted : 15/06/2016 5:25 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us