Notifications
Clear all

No AN and VL ?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 John
Topic starter

Why no AN, VL and FDSP syntheses in the new Yamaha Montage, making it the EX5 of the XXIst century, i.e. a synth containing the finest synth engines Yamaha has ever produced, powered by the latest technnology ?

Posted : 22/01/2016 3:29 pm
 Axel

Agreed, samples + FM nly, but believe me , sounds like the EX5 with steroids, so powerful, so warm, so creamy and Analog, with that FM cutting sound, I tested it at the Namm show today and is like ...OMG really ? sounds increible cool, super synth,LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT !

Posted : 24/01/2016 6:48 am
Tarek
Eminent Member

I'm guessing that Yamaha can add more Synthesis Engines in the future, but for now we are given two engines, AWM2 and FM-X.

Posted : 26/01/2016 11:50 pm

FM is such a flexible type of synthesis, you get most things covered, even articulation. You can get Sawtooth Waves and you have filters as well. Subtractive synthesis is covered in both synth engines. I don't think people understand how flexible FM is though. It's the best, in My opinion.

Posted : 27/01/2016 6:22 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us