One-Shot Auto-Wah?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I'd like to have a one-shot auto-wah.

The only auto-wah I've found so far in the Montage goes wah-wah-wah-... if you sustain the note. You can adjust the speed, but you always get the repetition if you hold the note long enough. I'd like to have an auto-wah that would go wah one time only, no matter how long I held the note.

I figure I could create one of these somehow (maybe with Motion Control?), But I thought I'd ask here before I go and start reinventing the wheel…

Posted : 04/09/2016 11:23 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

VCM Touch Wah seems to do this. I would like to control the time interval of the sweep (meaning how long it takes to press the wah down and how long it takes to press the wah back up) - which seems cannot be done, but setting up:

VCA Touch Wah
Preset: Follow
Sensitivity: 60
Pattern: Up
Attack Offset: +5
Type: High
Resonance Offset: +5.0
Range: 0 - 114
Overdrive + Output: 0dB

Seems to be one-shot - extra parameters are just what I adjusted to make the initialized AW2 voice (a piano) sound with a wah I "liked".

No need for Motion Control.

Posted : 05/09/2016 1:01 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Works great. Thanks!

Posted : 06/09/2016 6:11 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Glad to help - this level of editing is fairly close to the surface so I'd encourage checking out the effects available and turning dials.

Once there's a Soundmondo type deal for Montage - it may be even easier to access content which highlights the various effects applied to the instrument of choice. Can't wait to hear what others come up with.

Posted : 07/09/2016 6:21 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us