Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Pattern Sequencer Question

33 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes

Bad Mister, thank you so much for your excellent help and guidance. I really enjoy your feedback and videos. You have soul brother.

Posted : 27/11/2019 3:38 am
Topic starter

Questions 67 and 68:D
I installed Montage Connect into Logic successfully, and was able to import songs from the Montage, only to find that when the tracks are in Logic, they are assigned to different Software Instruments that are native to Logic, not the ones generated by the Montage. Is it possible to correct this, or is that just how it works?
Thanks

Posted : 02/12/2019 9:15 pm
Bad Mister

Questions 67 and 68:D
I installed Montage Connect into Logic successfully, and was able to import songs from the Montage, only to find that when the tracks are in Logic, they are assigned to different Software Instruments that are native to Logic, not the ones generated by the Montage. Is it possible to correct this, or is that just how it works?
Thanks

This is most likely a preference you can setup in Logic Pro.

Sorry, I don’t know Logic Pro, but it would be a setting that determines what happens when you Import a .mid file. For example, in Cubase, you would go to the Cubase Preferences and set the option for MIDI FILE IMPORT — You could set them so that they use an internal tone engine or your own preference.

Obviously, most programs would default to the built-in sounds (everyone has those)... so look for where in Logic Pro you can set the Options for imported .mid files. That’s where you can set this up.

When I drag and drop a File via MONTAGE CONNECT, it automatically sets up MONTAGE. I would imagine Logic Pro has a similar way to select what happens when you drop the .mid file into a session.

It may be as simple as setting up a MIDI Track assigned to the MONTAGE, and dropping the .mid adjacent to that Track.
Let us know.

Posted : 02/12/2019 9:41 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us