Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Performance FM EP & Strings - difference between audition & playing the performance - help please

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Category search - keyboards - FM EP & Strings. The audition is a nice EP with strings. But when I try to play the performance the strings are muted. I have tried several things but no luck. I am sure it is something simple. A little help please. Thx.

Posted : 31/05/2016 4:08 pm
Bad Mister

This PERFORMANCE is made from 4 Parts (2 are FX-X, 2 are AWM2)
Parts 1&2 FM-X make up the body of the Electric piano;
Part 3 is the AWM2 noise component for the Electric piano;
Part 4 is the AWM2 Strings

You can discover how the Strings are brought in as follows:
From the HOME screen
Touch "Motion Control" > "Overview"
Set the Part from Common to "PART 4"
Touch the box that says "Part 4 Control Settings"
This shortcut will take you directly to the Part 4 Control Assign screen

Set the DISPLAY FILTER = ALL to view the Controller Assignments for the String Part
You will discover that the Volume of this Part is controlled by the Ribbon.
Touch the Ribbon on the right side to bring them in, touch the Ribbon on the left to fade them out.

Motion Control includes all the physical controllers. They can be enlisted for fading in and out or for changing most anything.
The OVERVIEW screen is a key to exploring Performances. Please see the series of "Programming Basics" articles here on YamahaSynth as we are unfolding exactly how to explore the architecture. They are in the Montage RESOURCES area.

Posted : 31/05/2016 6:42 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us