Notifications
Clear all

Performance Parts

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Are all 1920 Performances Single Part I.e. one voice or instrument?

If so what kind of a Performance do you get with one part?

If I want to create a five part performance how do I import parts from another performance?

Can I switch from one performance to another without a drop out of sound,?

Posted : 17/03/2016 6:58 pm
david
Reputable Member

I think that the only entity that exists within Montage is a performance. If you can switch between single part performances with no sound loss then you can also switch between multi-part performances without sound loss as well. And switch between performances within a live set as well. I think I realize that the performance-only format makes everything, from what we have come to know as complex, so simple that we can't possibly understand it.

"If so what kind of a Performance do you get with one part?" Is this a trick question? You get a single-part performance, voila!:)

"If I want to create a five part performance how do I import parts from another performance?" Some type of single performance importing within the custom performance creation application I assume.

Posted : 17/03/2016 7:37 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

My comment about a single part Performance was that it seems that such a Performance would not be much of a Performance but merely a voice in the old Motif jargon.

Posted : 17/03/2016 10:10 pm
david
Reputable Member

That's exactly correct that it's similar to what was once called a voice but now as a single part performance it can have an identity that's much more broad than being stuck in voice mode all of the time. The versatility of these performances are much improved.

Posted : 17/03/2016 10:52 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us