Clear all

Phasing and morphing randomly on Bosendorfer sample

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
jayeson
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I initialized my Montage and had to reload the Bosendorfer sample. Recording to midi and also direct audio causes random phasing. Switch to sample not in the Bosendorfer library and it works fine with the same set up. I even downloaded the sample from Yamaha again, initialized and re-loaded it to the Montage. Same weird sounds coming from it but only randomly. It really kicks in when when I adjust EQ on a piano sample. Peculiar that this behaviour only happens with the Bosey library?

Posted : 29/11/2016 4:26 am
Stefan

I don't hear that at all.

Could it be that by some chance you are actually playing the sound twice, once directly, once through MIDI or so? That would in my experience cause what you describe. If you disconnect the Montage from everything except the amp or headphones, do you still see this issue?

Posted : 29/11/2016 8:59 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

It would be best perhaps to preview with headphones and all other sound sources unplugged/turned off. Within the context of headphones - if the headphones have some form of noise cancellation - the method of accomplishing this may wreak havoc on the sound as well. Your reference equipment should be as transparent as possible.

I haven't installed the Libraries yet for any comment.

Posted : 29/11/2016 10:36 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us