18 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

You can add three Scenes of your own creation... try it!

that would be easier if I knew the 3 scenes were empty for me to create new ones, but since they are lit this makes me think they are already pogrammed. my question was wrong, asking why are there 8 scenes was wrong, I meant why are there scenes with glowing scene buttons (6,7 and 8 in festival of harmony) that aren´t even programmed to do anything. If they didn´t glow I would know those are free for me to program, but like this, I press them and wonder why there are no scene changes happening. And then I have to go into edit to look what´s going on. Which is time consuming. Unless those scenes are actually doing something I am not hearing and are glowing for a reason.

Jason I was aparently wrong thinking the "Festival of Harmony" performance is part of the motif library because I cannot find it there and it is listed in the Montage peformance list. So I don´t know why I first found it when looking at the new motif libary when it isn´t even in there...

Posted : 25/02/2018 10:49 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

When I load the Montage preset "FestivalOfHarmony", I have no problems triggering the velocity sensitive element 1 or 2 (depending on velocity I strike the key with) when [ARP ON/OFF] is turned OFF.

Also, this Performance uses all scenes - but it didn't have to. Scenes 6, 7, and 8 are duplicates of scene 5.

Wondering how to know this? Press [PERFORMANCE] (HOME), then with the touchscreen touch the "Scene" tab on the left-hand side.

You'll notice that for every scene - all categories are turned OFF except for "Arp" (which is the left-most category). Make sure the "Arp" category (tab) is selected - you should see "Arp Select" at the bottom with numbers 1-8. Whichever number (1-8) is highlighted green will be the selected ARP for that scene.

Push the scene buttons starting with scene 1. Notice "Arp Select" for scene 1 is "1" (for ARP number 1). Press scene button 2 -- you'll see ARP 2 selected. Keep going through scene 5. You'll see the pattern continue - ARP 5 is selected for scene 5. Scene 6 you'll notice that the ARP is still ARP 5. Scene 7 - same deal. Scene 8 - same deal.

Scenes 6-8 are copies of scene 5. They are not empty - which is why scenes 6-8 (buttons) are not completely turned off (LED is not off). In order for the LED to turn off and the scene to be unused, you have to turn OFF all categories. For scenes 6-8 experiment and turn OFF the "Arp" category (On/Off box at the top of the touchscreen for the scene menu). You'll see the LEDs for scenes 6-8 turn off.

There is a difference between "off" and the previous setting. Before, if scene 1 was selected - then ARP 1 would be seleced. If you switched to scene 7, then ARP 5 would be selected. After you experimented and turned OFF the "Arp" category for scene 7 - if you switched from scene 1 (ARP 1) to scene 7, then after pressing scene 7 - the ARP would not change and would continue to be ARP 1 (setting from scene 1).

Since scenes 6-7 are duplicates of scene 5 - they are "free" for use in the sense that you can use scene 5 still and do not necessarily need the duplicates.

In your own use of scenes - you may want duplicates. Say you have a song with the form "intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, outro". The intro and outro have the same sounds/arps/etc. Each verse is the same. Each chorus is the same. You could program your scenes like this:

Scene 1=Intro/Outro
Scene 2=Verse
Scene 3=Chorus

When playing - you would push (in this order): Scene 1, Scene 2, Scene 3, Scene 2, Scene 3, Scene 1

... but you may not want to jump around the scenes like that remembering which one to press next. You may instead want to make it easier and just press the next scene button for each section:

Scene 1=Intro
Scene 2=Verse
Scene 3=Chorus
Scene 4=Verse (duplicate of scene 2)
Scene 5=Chorus (duplicate of scene 3)
Scene 6=Outro (duplicate of scene 1)

Then, you would press the buttons in this order: Scene 1, Scene 2, Scene 3, Scene 4, Scene 5, Scene 6

Say you made a library and sold the library and the library had the 2nd scene use with duplicates. Then people would notice that nothing changes when they press between scene 1 and scene 6 (these are duplicates). Another user would say - since the Scene 4, 5, and 6 are duplicates of 2, 3, and 1 - scenes 4-6 are "free" for use (even though they are "free" - they are not empty - like the Festival preset).

Posted : 26/02/2018 10:08 am
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Jason, thank you, sounds like duplicates of scenes can be usefull.

Posted : 26/02/2018 7:41 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us