Real Performance (Multi Parts) on Montage

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Alex
Topic starter

Hello Guys, i
I’ve a question for you:
but the performance old style (see MoXF), how many are actually? There are 2,000 Performances but I was wondering, apart from the Best or Montage of the Live sets, how many are actually the Performance / Combi that play already set with drum tracks, arpeggiators and scenes? Then excluding the Voices that now in the Montage are called Single Part.
Thanks

Posted : 04/05/2018 8:51 pm
Bad Mister

There are 2,143 Factory Performances (as of version 2.00)
Approximately 1400 of them are Single Part... I don’t think anyone wants to actually count them. If you do, let us know (although we don’t know what we’d do with the info).
This is based on the fact that the 1352 Motif XF Voices form the sonic backbone of the MONTAGE Preset Library
This means that every Voice found in the Motif XF/MOXF is found as a Single Part. There are also a bunch on new Single Part Instruments...

Point is Single Part Performances can quickly and easily become Multi Part Performances since every thing is editable. You store your customized versions in the USER Bank. The USER Bank is initially empty, you can create 640 Performances in the User Library. You can then install those 640 into one of eight Libraries. Along with the 640 Performances a User Bank includes (or can include) 2,048 Waveforms, 2048 Live Set* slots, 256 User Arps, 256 Motion Sequences, 32 Curves and 8 MicroTunings. (Each Library includes a complete set of this data).

And you can build and store 5,760 Performances on board

Performances can contain from 1 to 16 Parts. All Performances have 16 slots.
A maximum of eight Parts can be played simultaneously from the MONTAGE keyboard or from an external controller.

*Live Set (often misunderstood) is a way you can pull together a bunch of Performances for quick access. They are like the icons on your computer desktop... that link you to the actual program. They are not an actual separate program, they are simply links to the actual program. That’s why there are so many slots... you can advance through them with a FOOT SWITCH (set to LIVE SET+)... You might need to move from Piano, to Strings, back to Piano, to Brass, then to Organ, and then back to Piano... etc. instead of jumping all over the place, simply put the program in the order you need them so you can just step on the foot switch to advance.

So the Piano might appear ten times in a Set. Once you create a Live Set and set the Foot Switch to advance, you can be on any MONTAGE screen when you control Program Changes. Makes it extremely easy when onstage.

Posted : 04/05/2018 10:45 pm
 Alex
Topic starter

Thanks a lot Bad!

Posted : 05/05/2018 8:12 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Here's a discussion (during a time with older firmware) which discusses the count of Performances with similar properties as the OP is asking ...

https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/16777-are-motif-arpeggios-included-on-the-montage

Some of these Performances are listed there as well.

Posted : 06/05/2018 3:42 pm
 Alex
Topic starter

Thanks for link, Jason. I'm replied

Posted : 06/05/2018 4:43 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Thought you were asking about new content (presets) which the previous thread covered. If all you want to do is import MOXF and Motif XF performances to Montage - then you can do that like what the video (other thread) shows.

Posted : 06/05/2018 10:40 pm
 Alex
Topic starter

Exactly Jason, I was also asking about the factory presets in the Montage. My speech started from there; then I accidentally discovered that the performances of the "old" Motif could be loaded on the Montage.

Posted : 07/05/2018 12:53 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us