Notifications
Clear all

Recording Audio Multi/GM everything but drums works

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

When I map the outputs to the bus. Using the Bad Mister process with Cubase templates. Somehow the drums never seem to make it to a track unless I throw them on the mains and record those. Any Idea what I am doing wrong... I put the drums in multiple tracks and everything works, even the guitar arps, but not the drum arps. I am recording just audio and using Audio record on DAW quick set up with the Init G/M performance.

Posted : 27/08/2017 12:13 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Working now... not sure if User error or what 🙂 Having a blast tho

Posted : 27/08/2017 12:36 am
Bad Mister

Excellent!

Just for some clarity, when you select the Quick Setup: "Audio Rec on DAW" the default is to assign the 16 Montage Parts to 16 separate Stereo Outputs... each Part to its own Stereo bus Out. Basically, it does the maximum setup (the one that would take an individual the longest to setup manually)... you must learn to customize the audio routing to suit your needs. The template just does a setup where everything is going to its own. You don't have to do this, in fact, learning to experiment and reassign, as you go, is an important skill to master.

You can assign the Drum Part, as a whole to a stereo pair same as any other Part, but you can opt to route any individual Drum Key to any individual Output if you so desire. This requires that you set PART OUTPUT = "Drum". Doing so means that whatever you setup within the Kit per Key will be respected.

Posted : 27/08/2017 1:29 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Makes sense, I am having a blast..... Sounds just awesome, great setup...., learnt just enough Cubase to get down / tweak what I hear and stack as I need. Now getting my scuba gear ready for the FM series...

Taming the beast....

Posted : 31/08/2017 6:58 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us