Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

reference manual, no performance own microscale setting.

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I don't see in manuals the possibility for a performance to store its own scale setting. That mean that if you want to use the same voice/part with different microscale setting in various performances, you need to have multiple copies of the same part. Am i wrong ?

Posted : 04/05/2016 7:38 am
Bad Mister

I don't see in manuals the possibility for a performance to store its own scale setting. That mean that if you want to use the same voice/part with different microscale setting in various performances, you need to have multiple copies of the same part. Am i wrong ?

Yes, you are wrong. Guess it means you missed when it you read the manuals. Try page 61-62 in the Reference Manual. There are 8 User scales, 12 Preset scales, and each installed Library can have 8 User scales.

Posted : 04/05/2016 11:02 am
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

It does not say that it is a performance storage. It seems to be a part setting. Is this part setting for a specific performance or for all performances that will use this part?

Posted : 04/05/2016 12:09 pm
 Jan

Phil, I believe you might have misunderstood. I think natalini is not clear on the Montage architecture, where, drawing parallels to Motif XS/XF, parts always behave like "mixing voices" and are unique to the performance.

"That mean that if you want to use the same voice/part with different microscale setting in various performances, you need to have multiple copies of the same part"

In Montage whenever you want to use the same part in multiple performances you are going to end up with "multiple copies of the same part", because "parts", unlike "voices" in the Motif series are not standalone entities. If you want to use a part from performance A in performance B you have to COPY it.

"Is this part setting for a specific performance or for all performances that will use this part?"

As above - two performances cannot physically use the same part, because part is not a "voice".

Posted : 04/05/2016 12:24 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for reply. So the microscale setting will affect only the currently performance. Not all performances that use the same parts. If it is this kind of architecture, it is good.

Posted : 04/05/2016 12:49 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us