Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

is there at least a possibility to edit arp within a daw ?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

We can not edit ARP in the montage but I did not find clearly if it will be possible to edit these ARP within any daw ?

Posted : 04/05/2016 12:18 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I suppose there is not yet this kind of possibility. I don't see in manuals anyway :.

Posted : 07/05/2016 6:03 am
Bad Mister

The question is not clear.

We can not edit ARP in the montage but I did not find clearly if it will be possible to edit these ARP within any daw ?

You can indeed, "edit" Arpeggios in the Montage. (probably not as you mean... But there are parameters that allow you to alter the timing, the feel, the velocity, etc., of any arpeggio phrase. Also once you record an Arpeggios Output to a DAW, it ceases to be an Arp. To the DAW it is just a series of MIDI Events. The DAW makes no distinction between notes and events YOU played directly and those originating in the arpeggiator. Once recorded they are just events like all other events.

You are likely mixing up the little information you have about the eight Arpeggiators on board the Montage. Unlike the Motif-series and Mo-MOX-MOXF series music production synths, where you had a built in Pattern/Song sequencer, you could record and use a Sequencer JOB (Put Track to Arpeggio) to convert your idea to an arpeggio you could then use and apply to any Voice or Part. The Montage does not have such a kind of sequencer, nor the ability to convert the data to an arp and therefore the capability to generate your own Arpeggios is not built into the Montage.

The designers left the ability to load Arps into Montage via its ability to read .X3G (All Arpeggio) files.

I know it may be difficult in the beginning to understand how arps can be used within the Motion Control Synthesis Engine... They can be used in traditional fashion (as you know from the previous Yamaha synths) but they can also be a modulation source with Motion Control. And with 10,000 of them to start with, it should keep one busy until other solutions avail themselves.

No firm promises about future software, but ....we have a promotional graphic that shows the DX7 > the Motif > Montage... The DX7 didn't have certain capabilities - but in the months following its release scores of startup companies (many still in business today) started creating programs that enhanced the DX7 experience. Same happened with the Motif series. We anticipate that a very similar thing will happen with the Montage. The tag line about "new era" is perhaps the most accurate description of the Montage and what potential it brings.

Posted : 07/05/2016 3:06 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

OK. I think that is sad there are no way to make our own ARP( composing notes) it is really a basic need for people who like to go out of the way. Thanks anyway for the answer.

Posted : 09/05/2016 10:21 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us