Sample Data in Memory...

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Drew
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello, Keeping it to the point.
Used Sample Robot to upload samples from my Korg Triton.
Loaded them into Montage. Some were resampled and loaded for better quality without having deleted the old.. Now I have many of the same samples using up much of the 1.7gb in the yamaha. All the waveforms are listed at Velocity 64, Velocity 127 as was instructed in SR.
I need to delete the inferior repeats. How do I do so if they are all marked the same?
I saw the Waveforms folder but clicking it doesn't allow me to hear the waveform...only delete or rename it. Cannot do so if I cannot hear it.
PLEASE HELP.
ps. I have the Melas Total Librarian if that helps.

Thank you in advance!

Posted : 29/07/2019 2:36 am
 Drew

Can Anybody Please Help?...

Posted : 29/07/2019 5:21 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I'm not sure if the Melas Librarian or Waveform editor has this feature - but one or the other will look for duplicates and weed them out - reassigning only one of the waveforms to each Performance and deleting the duplicate set. I don't have these utilities - so I've opted out of responding initially.

I know the Melas Waveform editor will let you listen to the samples in each Waveform of each Performance - so you could use that if you have the tools.

If I were tackling this, without any of these tools, I'd clear out the old Waveforms by backing up my Montage first (both X7A and X7U - full backup and just the user area). Then initialize - so there would be zero user Waveforms (complete 1.75GB free). Then load only the one set from Samplerobot that's the last/best version of the instrument sampled. Presumably as a Library because it's the final version, just how I like it, and want to keep it around for a long time. If I wanted to merge it with some other Library (to conserve Library slots) - I may do this now. Load the other library to merge. Then import both libraries into the still initialized user space. Then create a new Library from the user space. Then initialize Montage again (so it's back to using zero waveforms) and then load just the merged Library. There would be no duplicate material here.

Before saving the backups (X7A and X7U) - it may be worthwhile to delete any of the old Performances that referenced these Waveforms to try to "tidy up" just in case you wanted to restore the user area and didn't want extra Waveforms to get re-introduced.

You notice there's lots of fiddling to do this without the tools. I'm up for that. The tools help streamline the process.

Posted : 29/07/2019 5:39 pm
Bad Mister

I need to delete the inferior repeats. How do I do so if they are all marked the same?

I’m not clear what makes an inferior repeat... sorry having a hard time following your post.

Why are they all marked the same? Please explain what that means.
If the inferior ones were loaded first, you can sort the Waveform Folder so it reflects the order in which you created them.

If you have the MONTAGE Waveform Editor that would help. (Total Librarian does not manage your Waveforms).

Posted : 29/07/2019 5:45 pm
 Drew

OK...Long and short resolutions (Waveform Editor?) to try. Thank you gentlemen.

I'm not clear what makes an inferior repeat...
BM, I created many SR samples from my Korg Triton. Some I loaded into the Montage I found came up short for one reason or another so I created another with corrected parameters (sounded better than the original sample). I did not delete the old one from the Montage before loading the replacement sample.

Lastly, when creating a multisample in SR, one has the option for different velocities to be added Ex: Velocity 64, Velocity 127) to accommodate the multisample. I now know not to leave the default title but to add which MS name these sample parts are from. Ex: Doors Piano vel 64, Doors Piano vel 127. Then I can go to Waveforms page in Montage and know what waveform I'm looking at.
Hoping that makes sense...
Again, Thank You Both!!!
cheers,
D

Posted : 30/07/2019 4:33 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Not sure what needs to be done other than deleting the old stuff and loading only your last best version.

That's a simplification ignoring preserving anything you do want to keep. Loading your samplerobot content into the library would make the process simple to delete. Merging with user content would make things more difficult to tease out if you didn't backup first but still doable.

So not sure where you're at - could be dead simple to just wipe the slate clean and reload.

Posted : 30/07/2019 7:29 am
Bad Mister

Agreed.

Posted : 30/07/2019 4:53 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us