Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Save live set in a usb pen to load in another montage

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello everyone, I was scheduled to concert tomorrow outside my country. There is a keyboard like mine, montage 6. Can anyone help me save my live set on a pen to load the montage keyboard that will be there. Thank you very much

Posted : 28/07/2019 10:03 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

I think that if you save a backup file (X7B) to your flash drive, that will do it. A user file (X7U) might also do it and be smaller and quicker.

I'm not telling you for sure that what I said will work. You should check for yourself. I'm just trying to point you in the right direction.

Posted : 28/07/2019 11:57 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The X7A (backup ALL) file will ensure everything transfers. All you need to do above this is first ensure the keyboard you will be using has the same firmware level as you may depend on firmware features you are using on your own keyboard. Hopefully you are using the latest firmware - as devices are generally easier to upgrade than downgrade. I would, as a backup, bring a 2nd USB stick with the firmware (uncompressed into the root directory of this stick - ready for upgrade use) with me and write down the firmware level you're using. This way, you can check the firmware version under [UTILITY] and upgrade first - only if necessary. Then restore the backup from the X7A file.

I guess it's possible that your firmware version is old and doesn't support X7A yet. Hope that's not the case.

X7B in the previous suggestion is not correct. X7B are bulk dumps which are always only one Performance at a time. These are not backups. X7A are the backups (backup ALL). The Montage GUI doesn't let you save or load X7B files. X7B files are a part of Montage Connect.

Posted : 29/07/2019 1:27 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

That’s what I get for trying to help quickly when I was really busy with something else. Thanks for the quick correction, Jason.

At least I included a disclaimer… πŸ™

Posted : 29/07/2019 2:42 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us