Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Sample question

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I loaded a few of my personal samples into the montage, i noticed on some of the samples certain notes sound very low while other notes sound normal volume.
Am i missing something these samples sound normal in my Kronos, so i am not sure if there is a setting or something i need to move. Again the sound sounds very low on certain notes only.

Posted : 21/05/2018 5:45 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Loaded in as a drum key? Or used something to create a Yamaha Waveform (like JM Tools) and loaded in as an AWM2 Normal Waveform?

I ask because some of the context of what to check is different.

If you've loaded into a drum key - make sure the tuning parameter is zero first.

On AWM2 waveforms - along with tuning offsets there's root key vs. the key you're pressing and other things to consider.

I'm also thinking, as a backburner, the sample rate and how this is handled. I haven't experimented enough in this category. But you could load your samples into an editor that shows the sampling rate to see if the ones with problems are different.

Posted : 21/05/2018 8:02 pm
Bad Mister

More than likely you did not initialize the Key to which you loaded the sample and you inherited previous programming. Without more details it’s anyone’s guess.

Posted : 22/05/2018 9:39 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us