Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Sampling Strings on Montage

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello, I 've just downloaded the Sample Robot and I'm very interested about sampling sounds so easy . I'm looking for Strings Virtual Instruments and especially the following patches. Does anyone have something to suggest close to these patches? Thank you in advanced!!!

-Legato Slow attack Strings (ensemble)
-Legato Fast attack Strings (ensemble)
-Spiccato/Staccato/Marcato Strings (ensemble)
-Small Section Strings
-Quartet

Posted : 21/05/2019 11:34 am
Bad Mister

I can’t really help you with a choice of what to sample, but when ready to build the Waveforms into MONTAGE Parts we’d be happy to help.

Suggestion: get out your scuba gear and dive into the extensive string collection already available in the MONTAGE Wave ROM — Over 300 String Category Waveforms. This will give you a better idea of what you might want to sample. The Waveforms in the factory ROM are “first person” samples (samples of acoustic instruments being played by musicians under controlled conditions). And you are provided various articulations, combinations, solo and even ensemble samples where the attack portion is removed (offset) so that transitions can be facilitated within the Motion Control Engine.

Things like “legato” and the other articulations are best handled in the Synthesis Engine, not necessarily at the raw sample — mileage can vary here...
Spiccato/Arco articulations —

recall “Seattle Sections” as an example of some of what’s on tap.
Using the right front panel, press the upper [SOLO] button and in turn go through Part 1 through 7

Part 1 is first violins
Part 2 is second violins
Part 3 is violas
Part 4 is cellos
Part 5 is contrabass
Part 6 is two different bowed articulations selected by the [AsSw1] (bowed)/[AsSw2] (spiccato)
Part 7 is solo violin/solo viola/solo cello on the Super Knob+

Recall factory solo String Presets with “AF1” in the name, as often this switches to the legato articulation (when playing a melodic line monophonically a Waveform without the Attack portion is accessed) XA CONTROL.

Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Set Bank/Favorite = Preset
Set Main = Strings
Set SubCategory = Solo, Ensemble, etc.
Play through the offerings to get a good idea of what’s already available.... be sure to explore Assign Switches, Assign Knobs, Super Knob, MW, and other controllers to find variations accessible from within a single Performance.

Posted : 22/05/2019 5:30 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us