Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Transferring Midi Files

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I am in the process of transferring my midi files to my PC laptop. I have a USB cable. Once I transfer my midi files, will It still have the same quality sound? I use multiple performances. And what would be the best way to transfer a successful Midi file to your Laptop?

Posted : 20/05/2019 12:27 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

MIDI files do not save audio. MIDI files contain a series of commands. Turn "this" note on, turn "that" note off, press the sustain pedal, etc. Therefore MIDI files cannot have sound quality no matter where they exist. The quality of sound would vary by the device that plays back the MIDI file.

If Montage plays back a MIDI file created with the Performance recorder, then if Montage plays the MIDI file back, it will sound exactly like the time it was recorded. No difference in quality.

There are different ways to do this, but I would probably save MIDI files to a USB stick and move the stick to a PC. I would do this primarily so I have a backup that can be thrown in my keyboard case and restored without a PC.

Posted : 20/05/2019 3:45 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us