So no updates to regular Montage?

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

So no updates to regular Montage?
One get a bit of that feeling...

What do you think or know / heard something?

Posted : 10/10/2023 3:17 pm
Darryl
Prominent Member

So far the farewell upright piano library appears to be the last thing for the Montage...

I'm not holding out any hope for anything more on the Montage classic, but if there were to be anything, I doubt it will be in the next few weeks, as I would guess that they would want to keep the buzz going with the new Montage M synth. Plus I think there are more announcement to come with other products..!?

Posted : 10/10/2023 3:25 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

It's not unusual for a keyboard to have one last hoorah in updates after the new keyboard releases but there's nothing necessarily indicating this will happen. I have doubts anything more except driver updates will come for Montage. I don't know if they have a half-off (or pick your percentage) deal for Montage owners for the ESP version coming out in January. I guess they could de-feature a version of ESP that only provides the Montage capabilities (no extended LFO for element LFO, only 8 elements per Part, no VCM Rotary, etc ...). That would be great - but who knows. I'm a little "scared" to learn the devil in the details in terms of licensing for ESP. Crossing fingers.

Posted : 10/10/2023 3:48 pm
 Axel

Maybe at least we get some of the new AWM/FM performances for the Montage/MODX(+).

Would be more than disappointing if there will be no more updates at all for the old models. („Old“ beimg relative, I have my MODX+ since a few months only.)

Posted : 10/10/2023 6:11 pm

I don't expect any further updates for the original Montage or the MODX (+). That line matured and reached its EoL.
Motif XF did not get any updates after the Montage was released, right?

Posted : 10/10/2023 9:32 pm
 Paul

Deader than a doornail, I hate to say.

Montage M has diverged A LOT from MODX. I don't expect any trickle down.

A few folks are asking "When is the MODX+ successor coming out?" ROTFL [Do people still say ROTFL? 🙂 ]

-- pj

Posted : 10/10/2023 10:35 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The next MO release is fairly predictable.

Posted : 11/10/2023 2:35 am
 Axel

I would not ask for a successor of MODX+, since I would not even consider buying gear that basically is still the same (or very similar, as it is the case with Montage and Montage M, or MODX and MODX+, in my scale of comparison?). There is plenty of stuff to spend my money in the market that really differs, like Hydrasynth, Osmose, 3rd Wave, Prophet and so on so forth. I love the MODX+ for some (many!) reasons, but would never buy a device close enough as a MODX+ M or whatever.

But … I would spend (some) money for firmware upgrades that bring at least some enhancements (restricted to the technical possibilities, of course). What is the sense of a mostly software based synth if the software development is to be freezed at some point?

Posted : 11/10/2023 5:25 am
Darryl
Prominent Member

[quotePost id=123657]The next MO release is fairly predictable.[/quotePost]
Do you mean a MODX+ replacement or an OS update for the MODX+ ?

One thing that will be interesting is whether the Montage M will be set to utilize Soundmondo for sharing sounds. Will the Montage M be able to load Montage/MODX(+) Performances? We know that the Montage/MODX(+) synths will not be able to load Montage M Performances...

Posted : 11/10/2023 11:01 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Motif XF which came before Montage classic had its last firmware update in 2014 while the Montage classic was released in 2016.

Posted : 11/10/2023 2:00 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us