Sound Effects

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Bob
 Bob
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I am trying to isolate a specific wave form that is "buried" within a drum kit on the Montage. Wave form #2908 sleigh bells is triggered on B4 within several drum kits (like Midnight Funk). I can find that wave form within the drum kit, but not sure how to isolate it as a separate performance. Appreciate any help you can give. Getting ready for Christmas songs. 🙂 Thank you.

Posted : 18/11/2022 4:17 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I'm not sure what it means to isolate a waveform and place a single waveform in a single Performance. What are you expecting to happen? All keys play the same waveform 2908? Just one key play 2908 and other keys not play anything? Something else?

You can change any of the waveforms in any of the drum kits so you could set other keys (including all of them) to 2908 if you wanted. Or you could add waveform 2908 to a drumkit that doesn't have this waveform and place it on any key you want (replacing the waveform that's there).

If you take a normal AWM2 Part (not drum) and add a single waveform 2908 then every key will play sleighbells at different pitches.

Posted : 18/11/2022 4:39 pm
Bad Mister

[quotePost id=119321]I am trying to isolate a specific wave form that is "buried" within a drum kit on the Montage. Wave form #2908 sleigh bells is triggered on B4 within several drum kits (like Midnight Funk). I can find that wave form within the drum kit, but not sure how to isolate it as a separate performance. Appreciate any help you can give. Getting ready for Christmas songs. 🙂 Thank you.[/quotePost]You can build any of MONTAGE’s Waveforms into a Performance Part as one or more of eight AWM2 Elements.

From the HOME screen
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Set “Bank/Favorite” = All
Set “Attribute” = All
Select “Main” = Init
Select “Init Normal (AWM2)”

Select Part 1
Go to [EDIT]
“Edit - Part 1 - Common” appears in the upper left corner of the screen to indicate exactly where you are within the architecture.

Tap “Elem1” along the bottom of the screen to see the first Element’s parameters (currently it is the only active Element).
“Osc/Tune”
Tap the waveform “Name” box along the top to see the pop-in menu
You can search by “Category” or by “Number”

Tap “Number” and enter 2908 to recall “Sleigh Bells 1”

You can limit the amount of pitch change between adjacent keys (default is Equal Temperament) by either changing the Element’s “Pitch/Key” setting from 100% (normal tuning) to a smaller number for less change…0% = no change between adjacent keys…. while numbers in between will give several ‘bell’ pitches next to each other… Or you can go to the Part 1 - Common (lower left corner) > “Part Settings” > “Pitch” > set the “Micro Tuning Name” to 1/4 Tone or 1/8 Tone.

You can create several Sleigh Bells Elements (tuned different and played simultaneously will give a hearty sleigh bell sound).

In order to make bulkier bells, use several Elements and take advantage of the “Key On Delay” > “Length” parameter to delay some of the bells just slightly. Tune them to create the desired effect.

Posted : 18/11/2022 11:14 pm
Bob
 Bob
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thank you for the instructions! Just what I was looking for!!!!

Posted : 19/11/2022 12:35 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us