Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Still fuzzy on relationship of X7L, X7U, Preset, User, and what is accessible when you power on Montage.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm probably having difficulty because of the bottom to top organizational explanations I've been reading. I think I need a Top-Down explanation of the relationship of these things

I understand there are 640 Performances available in a User (X7U) and that there are 8 Library slots available (X7L) for those User collections, but what I'm wondering is if a Library file has to be loaded into the User area to be played from. In other words, if I load the Bosendorfer Library file into Montage memory, and two other Library files from a third party, - can I make new Performances based on those single/multi-part performances from all three of those libraries? And have Live Sets pointing to Performances in all three of those Libraries?

For some reason, I thought a Library file had to be loaded into User are before the User Performances in those Libraries can be accessed/played, built upon, or used in a Live Set.

Thanks for your time and clarification,
G

Posted : 23/05/2016 11:21 pm
Bad Mister

For some reason, I thought a Library file had to be loaded into User are before the User Performances in those Libraries can be accessed/played, built upon, or used in a Live Set.

No, not the case.

A Montage Library File (.X7L) can be installed into the LIBRARY Banks of the Montage (8 Library Banks can exist). If you have a file with the extension .X7L it can be loaded (installed) into a READ ONLY area of the Montage. You can certainly access and play the data (that is the idea), but if you wish to add to that Library, change it's Live Set, or edit the data, then you must move that Library from its semi-permanent memory into what is called USER memory. This is done using the IMPORT LIBRARY option in [UTILITY] > "Contents" > "Library Import". You can move a single, a selected group or all data into USER... work on it and then create a NEW LIBRARY File either to replace the previous or create an entirely new one.

Creating a new FILE you SAVE it to USB stick as a new Library file .X7L.... you are halfway there...

Now, you can install that Library File to your Read Only area.

Posted : 23/05/2016 11:43 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us