Notifications
Clear all

STUCK NOTES OR STUCK ARPEGGIO

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Peter
Topic starter

I'd loaded Phat Analogue sound set and was playing merrily away when the notes stuck on, it didn't matter what sound I selected. The notes stayed on but the sound changed to whatever was selected. I tried all sorts of things, pressed just about every button and in the end switched off. Powering up again everything was normal.
Any idea what caused this....did I do something wrong? The arpeggio which was selected at the time played whatever program was selected - I assumed the arpeggio had stuck on.
Strange!
Peter

Posted : 18/11/2016 3:17 pm
Bad Mister

Quick question, were you connected to anything via MIDI or USB-MIDI at the time?

If not, please reach out to Easy Sounds with as much detail as you can (which Performance, which arpeggio, etc., etc.)

Other possibility:
Was a Motion Sequence involved? (some times it is easy to mistake an Arp for a MS) MS "phrases" can be quite long and if triggered to play might want to complete its tour... which can be several measures - try to document exactly what was programmed to happen, then you can start to eliminate things.

Posted : 18/11/2016 4:20 pm
Peter
Topic starter

Not connected to anything Phil, nor Motion Sequence involved..
If I can remember which performance I'll document it and get in touch with Easysounds. I'll also try to replicate it
Thank you

Posted : 18/11/2016 8:21 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Arpeggios can eat up polyphony fairly quickly and if the performance has lots of elements which are sounding at the same time to reproduce an analog synth then polyphony goes even faster. When I was experimenting with polyphony and artificially making the notes cut off I use a performance with a 0 level release. I'm going to try reproducing with a non-zero value release element and see what happens. The hypothesis I have is that there is something amiss with the way that the note is reset when cut off. This is just one Theory and maybe not the case at all.

Posted : 18/11/2016 10:33 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us