Clear all

SysEx Message To Turn Super Knob Blinking On And Off

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I was just looking through the "Firmware Suggestions" thread, and noticed this suggestion I had made:

I think it would be useful to have a SysEx message that would control whether the Super Knob is flashing, so that I could stop it from flashing while still leaving the light on so that I could see what color it is. In many situations, that would be useful information.

Then I saw that Bad Mister had responded as follows:

?

That was his complete message.

I'm really hoping that they include this capability in some future firmware release, and I'm concerned that the "?" response indicates that my suggestion was incomprehensible or had some other problem.

Bad Mister, please let me know what you may have meant, and whether there's some problem that I might be able to fix by explaining my suggestion better.

Posted : 16/08/2016 7:27 pm
Walter

Michael Trigoboff wrote:

I was just looking through the "Firmware Suggestions" thread, and noticed this suggestion I had made:

I think it would be useful to have a SysEx message that would control whether the Super Knob is flashing, so that I could stop it from flashing while still leaving the light on so that I could see what color it is. In many situations, that would be useful information.

Then I saw that Bad Mister had responded as follows:

?

That was his complete message.

I'm really hoping that they include this capability in some future firmware release, and I'm concerned that the "?" response indicates that my suggestion was incomprehensible or had some other problem.

Bad Mister, please let me know what you may have meant, and whether there's some problem that I might be able to fix by explaining my suggestion better.

Why not just go into Utility/Settings/System and turn the Knob Flash ON or OFF?

Walt

Posted : 17/08/2016 3:43 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

What I want to do is put a SysEx message at the beginning of a song to start the blinking and one at the end to stop the blinking. That way it just happens automatically.

Tempo blinking is useful while I'm playing, annoying when I'm not...

Posted : 17/08/2016 7:46 pm
Walter

Michael Trigoboff wrote:

What I want to do is put a SysEx message at the beginning of a song to start the blinking and one at the end to stop the blinking. That way it just happens automatically.

Tempo blinking is useful while I'm playing, annoying when I'm not...

Got it!

Walt

Posted : 17/08/2016 8:33 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us