Notifications
Clear all

Things i’d Like to see in the next OS release

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

1. Set the Opacity of the Utility screen so the underlying screen doesn’t bleed through. I have my selected performance color set to orange and when i’m In Utility mode, the orange bleeds through making it difficult to know what I’ve selected or what is currently selected in the Utility screen.

2. When viewing a single performance, display the bank and position numbers of that performance.

3. Provide the ability to set the default performance in the sequencer function.

Posted : 06/03/2018 1:32 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

1) Turn off blur and animation.
https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/why-is-the-montage-os-so-sluggish#reply-14203
https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/touchscreen-debouncing-problem-still-in-os-2-0#reply-28054

2) Statistics may be good to be more "visible" without menu diving, including the Library. However, when you click on the Performance name from the [PERFORMANCE] (HOME) screen, there is an option to see this information by menu diving.

3) Even though the screen and documentation may say "Sequencer", it's a misnomer. Performance Recorder. Not sure the details of what you're asking for here - I think when you press "play" to call up the performance recorder - you want some performance to be optionally loaded? Or by sequencer are you talking about a DAW? Either way - I'm not with you for this one favoring how the system works now -- but please do provide some more detail here so your request is better understood.

Posted : 06/03/2018 2:28 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Item #3. The currently selected bank means that any following program changes are retrieved from that bank until the bank changes. So, it the starting bank is pointing to the GM bank and our starting performance is the Midi/GM performance, the midi files to be played do not need to be modified unless the send bank changes that may create a conflict with how the Montage does things these days. I should have also specified a default bank. Just a way in my opinion to make it possible to take most off the shelf midi files to be loaded and played without change. It would also be nice if the GM patches in the Montage were defined as the best single channeled sounds in the Montage. It’s just a table pointing to performances.

Thanks for the tip in item #1.

Posted : 06/03/2018 3:51 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Pertaining to item #1: i don’t understand why eye candy is a consideration over functionality and performance/response time.

Posted : 07/03/2018 2:21 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I don't either and (still) have the opinion that the system defaults would better serve more users if set to blur and animation as off.

That said, Yamaha's response is that animation shows a "dot" where you place your finger and is therefore more user friendly. I cannot necessarily counter this except maybe the system should always show a dot where you touch even with animation and blur off. And leave those two off.

Certainly for videos it is helpful to have the dot show up to indicate where touches are made.

Posted : 07/03/2018 5:20 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us