Clear all

Timesync with Cubase

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Dear Bad Mister,

can you explain in a very short way the follow workflow:

Only one MIDI-Lane all midi-parts to cubase.
(The cubase audio-rendering doesn't work.)
I play the Midi-Lane with cubase and record as audio-lane. (lane 2)

Minimum Setup....

My equipment: Apple and Montage and Cubase - all the newest iOS -direct - and this way works.

E.g.: Now I record a new audio-lane with arpeggio from montage to cubase - not midi.

What is an effektiv way, to synchronize/ quantisize all lanes?

Next step is play all lanes in another tempo.... I'm dreaming or possible?

Sorry, I'm not a native speaker....

Thanks!

Thomas

Posted : 09/12/2016 9:37 pm
Bad Mister

You can synchronize Cubase (as the master clock) and Montage (as the slave). So that if you set the TEMPO in Cubase to 135, the Montage will automatically run at Tempo = 135. You can use the CLICK function in Cubase to count-off and count out the beat.

In Cubase go to "TRANSPORT" > "Project Synchronization Setup..." > MIDI CLOCK OUT > MIDI CLOCK DESTINATION = Montage Port 1

If you are recording MIDI to Cubase, set the Montage to "MIDI REC ON DAW":
Press [UTILITY]
Touch "Settings" > "Quick Setup" > touch " MIDI Rec on DAW"
This will make all the settings for your Montage including the CLOCK settings.

This is how you would record MIDI (in general). In order to hear sound, you must create a MIDI Track routed to the Montage (set the Channel as appropriate for the Type of PERFORMANCE you are recording...)

You do not give us an example of what type of PERFORMANCE you are trying to record.
Does it contain Arpeggios? (If yes, use the ARP REC ON DAW template).

In order to turn MIDI into audio, you must playback the MIDI Track to the Montage and then setup to record AUDIO to an AUDIO TRACK.

Posted : 10/12/2016 12:26 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us