Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Total backup of the Montage?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

How do I backup the montage completely? Including all... waveforms etc..
Is it enough to make at USERFILE backup?

So when I get a new MONTAGE I can simply restore the complete keyboard as I made it now.

Posted : 07/10/2016 9:52 am
Bad Mister

There is no one file that backs up the entire Montage.

Think of a Montage as the 1920 Factory Performances, a User Performance Bank that can hold 640 Performances, and 8 Library slots each that can contain 640 Performances. (8 additional instances of the User Bank of Montage).

Each User File (.X7U) backs up the following data: current Bank of User Performances, User Arpeggios, Motion Sequences, Curves, Live Sets, Micro Tunings, Waveforms, Utility Settings, and Quick Setups.

It does not backup your SONG data which has been recorded to MIDI portion of Play/Rec feature. They reside in a folder that remains in your Montage. Those you should Save separately as .mid file. Any Audio data recorded via the Play/Rec you already have a .Wav file.

Each Library File (.X7L) backs up everything the User File does except the Utility Settings and Quick Setups. Each of the eight Libraries should have its own File. A Library is a documentation of User Bank data (640 Performances...).

Posted : 07/10/2016 1:45 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us