Total Librarian

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I think the John Melas Total Librarian may be very useful for me, but I ndon't have a DAW of any sort - my Montage is connected to my computer via the USB to Host port, but that is for the 'Connect' facility (now updated to v103 - Steinberg drivers also to v1101) . So, can I use the Total Librarian without a DAW, please?

Posted : 11/08/2018 3:46 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Total Librarian is primarily for reordering your libraries - not for a DAW. The only DAW feature is that you can export instrument definition files which you will not be utilizing if not fooling with a DAW as part of your workflow.

Basic features are:
Easy to navigate explorer-like user interface.
Supports Total Libraries which handle user Performances
Supports Performance Libraries which handle unlimited number of Performances.
(J EDIT: You will not use this -- ) Exports Instrument Definition Files for Cubase, Sonar and Digital Performer.
Edits Performance names, categories/subcategories and supports Performance comments.
Allows searching of Performances by name.
Allows sorting of Performances by name, category/subcategory and comment.
Supports easy reordering of Performances via drag and drop!

Posted : 11/08/2018 6:03 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Jason - I read the blurb in the MPG 4 but couldn't decide if it was saying you had to have a DAW or not! I'm hoping to fill the gaps in the Mobntage system, like seeing what's in Libraries on the USB, modifying a name quickly, changing the order of listing or grouping, taking out of one library and putting it in another and so on. I gather you can also drop a Pf straight into Montage and play it - or a whole Library - not sure how that works with the Montage capacity being limited. I hope one day to be able to play anything held on the USB directly, as on the Tyros series. Or better yet, directly from the computer! But one step at a time ... where do you actually buy the program?

Posted : 11/08/2018 7:08 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The official website should tell you how to buy it. http://www.jmelas.gr

If its not clear for you, use email under contact information.

I see the word "purchase" all over the place - so it's fairly clear.

Posted : 11/08/2018 10:00 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Jason - I went to the site, and on the opening page I downloaded the 'Complete Pack v1.2.0 - no mention of prices or paying for it or anything else, which I found odd - anyway, the point is that this download is for a DEMO version - there's not one single word about that, anywhere that I could find, not even in the 'ReadMe' file that came with it. You are led to believe it's the full Monty - it's a generous gesture, though. Not sure if it works for a limited time, or if it has limited facilities, or what. Doesn't say.

Posted : 12/08/2018 7:42 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi Rod.
The complete pack demo have limited facilities, you cannot edit all, you cannot save file.

To purchase just click on purchase on the page :

And select what you want to buy.

When Total librarian is open just go on top menu to "help" you will find the pdf file, same thing for Performance Editor :

To complete you can go on Moessieurs, i have made several page

Total Lib presentation :
http://www.moessieurs.com/presentation-1.html

Performance Editor presentation :
http://www.moessieurs.com/presentation.html

Performance Editor Overview :
http://www.moessieurs.com/menus.html

I have detail all Performance Editor screens for performance editor on Moessieurs; from top menu go to :

MONTAGE > John Melas > Montage Tools > Performance Editor > .....

Use the google translator on top banner, hope it's help 😉

Posted : 12/08/2018 8:10 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hello Joel - thank you! I finally figured it out - not sure if one MUST download the Demo versions first, and then upgrade them - that's what I did without knowing I was supposed to do it. In the end I went the whole hog and bought the lot - you don't get a 'Complete Pack' though - it's missing the Waveform Editor, so it took me all afternoon to get everything together and working. Now wrestling with how it actually does work ... the Manual, for example, says 'Create a new Library' - but not one word on how to actually do that! Typical of Manuals all through Time ... but it gives me the impression that it's going to be a very useful set of tools once I get my head around them. Hopefully! I will study your videos too - my main interest is in the Total Librarian.

Posted : 12/08/2018 6:53 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us