Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Transpose quickly

16 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 Dee

Using transpose does not equate to someone being a good player or not. I play in a live band, have a job, have a family........seriously busy schedule. If a particular key suits me better then I'll use it and may transpose. I can obviously play in any key but if it's good enough for Hans Zimmer, it's good enough for me 🙂

I have only had the Montage a number of days. It is a beautiful keyboard with some spectacular sounds that take your breath away. But in practical terms this is a bit of a pain re: the transpose facility.

You can see from the amount of views on subjects like this that it is an important topic for many.

Bad Mister.....Yamaha.......I've been using your keys since I was a kid. I'm a huge fan. But PLEASE........

1) allow us to change the octave/transpose button to that of our choosing. I want to go in to settings and simply set the two buttons to TRANSPOSE without the need to hold shift. (this wouldn't have been an issue if the shift button was beside the octave/transpose buttons.....but it requires two hands to navigate!!)

2) this would be the icing on the cake but don't know if it's feasible......but a permanent -1 or whatever on the touchscreen so we can see what we are transposed to at all times. If this can't be done then even keeping the transpose button lit to signify we are transposed would be a big help.

Posted : 13/03/2018 9:44 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us