Notifications
Clear all

virus TI integration

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 robi
Topic starter

I think Yamaha should buy Access company and to include the Virus TI inside their next "Rampage" WORKSTATION.

Posted : 24/02/2018 9:18 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Maybe Yamaha will start acquiring other companies. In the meantime - maybe expound on which features of the Virus TI hardware/software you'd like to see that Montage does not currently have.

Posted : 25/02/2018 10:42 am
Joe
 Joe
Eminent Member

robi wrote:

I think Yamaha should buy Access company and to include the Virus TI inside their next "Rampage" WORKSTATION.

That sugar syrup sound of the Virus TI?

Not on my Rampage thanks :p

Posted : 25/02/2018 12:45 pm
 robi
Topic starter

Jason wrote:

Maybe Yamaha will start acquiring other companies. In the meantime - maybe expound on which features of the Virus TI hardware/software you'd like to see that Montage does not currently have.

Montage have nothing Virus TI have.
I would like to have Virus TI inside montage with expanded polyphony .
Virus TI that Access are selling now is very buggy with poor integration and very limited polyphony .
Just put TI inside the next Montage and I'm sold.

Posted : 25/02/2018 6:30 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Montage has "nothing" Virus TI has is not exactly true (Virus TI hardware has 3 assignable knobs, Montage has 8 which can be mode switched to arrive at 8x16+8 total plus one if you count super knob, they both have keyboards, they both have lots of other overlap). I'm trying to help you out here.

So far, the only specifics you gave is a shortcoming of Virus TI (limited polyphony) and also "buggy" nature that may be helped/enhanced if Yamaha fixed the competitor's issues. Why do that?

Now, what's to be gained by making Montage adopt some of the features Virus TI has. It's not helpful to list all the specs - I'm sure you have a "short list" of favorite items in Virus TI that you would prefer Montage have as a feature.

It may still not get you anywhere - but so far there is no real helpful information provided here.

Posted : 25/02/2018 8:28 pm
 robi
Topic starter

When I had the TI I was able to create good sounds and move very fast but I was constantly fighting the TI bugs so in the end I give up the machine..

Now having the Montage is not the same thing ..

With Montage is like you are influenced to believe you have great power having so many futures. But when you're working with those futures you sound like a Montage synth.

I mean to trust this Montage board for live gigs is perfect but for studio I think is a trap and is much better to consider VSTs at least equal to Montage in order to devote enough time to VSTs.

TI is a studio beast used by all producers and Montage is a live gig beast used by all live top performers ...Apples and Orranges..

Thinking that Montage can be the center of your studio is the biggest mistake...You wont see Motifs or Montages in top studios but Ti is always a must for all producers....

Just put Ti inside the next thing or something equal and is a game change...

Posted : 25/02/2018 9:57 pm
Joe
 Joe
Eminent Member

@Robi

Montage can sound like anything you want in that you can fill it with whatever samples you like! (Anything.....)

I can assure you that when you are working with a Virus TI, you sound like a Virus TI...

"Virus TI is a must for all producers"??

That's like saying a Montage is a must for all producers.. nonsense.

Posted : 26/02/2018 1:42 am
 robi
Topic starter

Joe wrote:

@Robi

Montage can sound like anything you want in that you can fill it with whatever samples you like! (Anything.....)

I can assure you that when you are working with a Virus TI, you sound like a Virus TI...

"Virus TI is a must for all producers"??

That's like saying a Montage is a must for all producers.. nonsense.

Is not a nonsense.
What I'm saying is what I see in real life.
That Motifs and Montages are being used by live performers inside pop rock... bands.
While Virus TI is used a lot in the studios and sometimes in the stage.
If you can fill the Montage with a Jupiter or Virus sound you can't manipulate the sound like you do with the synth source from which the sound comes...
But for gigs inside the bands Yammy is perfect because you have the samples on stage and great control .
What I see great in Montage are the acoustic instruments and is the only department good enough for studio use if you produce some jazzy or rock'n roll hits with soul or funky or even pop flavors and maybe some epic music for video games.
It wont excel at any style in this format because the VA engine is missing .

Posted : 26/02/2018 3:44 am
Joe
 Joe
Eminent Member

robi wrote:
Is not a nonsense.
What I'm saying is what I see in real life.
That Motifs and Montages are being used by live performers inside pop rock... bands.
While Virus TI is used a lot in the studios and sometimes in the stage.

My nonsense comment was referring to your comment that producers must have xyz in order to do their work, which is just not true at all.

robi wrote:
If you can fill the Montage with a Jupiter or Virus sound you can't manipulate the sound like you do with the synth source from which the sound comes...

True, but you do have access to realtime control of heaps of parameters so it’s not just static.

As with anything relating to samples, garbage in garbage out.

robi wrote:
It wont excel at any style in this format because the VA engine is missing.

Oh well

Posted : 26/02/2018 5:06 am
Michael

I could write a book about the Virus TI and the Montage. Actually, buying Yamaha buying Access and integrating the TI into a Montage is a really good idea.

My home studio as I write this...

Posted : 01/03/2018 4:12 am
Michael

I could write a book about the Virus TI and the Montage. Actually, buying Yamaha buying Access and integrating the TI into a Montage is a really good idea.

My home studio as I write this...

Attached files

Posted : 01/03/2018 4:13 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us