Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Want to try/buy new Montage 8 . . . but where?

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Looking to try/buy a brand new Montage 8 . . . and there ain't none to be had, coast to coast. I'm told maybe mid- February.

WHAT!?

FOUR months from now?

Found one MEGA store that sold one as "new" but was actually a floor demo. Baaad juju. Won't shop there again.

Any links to a store that actually has a new, as-in-sealed-in-box, unit IN STOCK?

Thanks

Posted : 31/10/2021 4:40 am
Dragos
Eminent Member

Not sure it helps you (I assume you're in the US) but Thomann in Germany show stock for Montage 6/7/8, non-white versions.

Posted : 31/10/2021 12:26 pm
Topic starter

Thanks Dragos, I DID try them but the cannot ship the Yamaha to the US, a "We're sorry but ....." notice pops up.

Posted : 31/10/2021 8:20 pm
Member Admin

It's possible to get around the shipping issue, and simple to do, but I've forgotten how. Sorry...

However, if you contact them, they'll get it done for you. The main problem is one of taxes have to be applied differently, which is why it doesn't work automatically, on a per state basis.

Posted : 01/11/2021 7:49 am
Member Admin

Try Reverb.com. I see one there now

Posted : 01/11/2021 11:14 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I can second that suggestion. Although I have received keyboards directly from a music shop in NY for my last few purchases - I originally learned of them through Reverb. Many shops cross-post through Reverb while also maintaining their own website online. I'd suggest still to call the shop directly to get "the scoop" on those instruments being sold on Reverb.

Posted : 01/11/2021 6:49 pm
Darryl
Prominent Member

@Michael I hope you are able to find a Montage8 soon.

Does anyone know why there is little to no stock in North America at this time? I live in Canada and out of curiosity I checked all the major music stores. They are all showing as "Out of stock".
I would think this is not good for sales if there aren't a couple of new models available within a reasonable time/distance.

I realize we are still in the midst of a pandemic; however is that the main and only reason, or are there other circumstances as to why the Montage is scarcely available for purchase in NA?
Are the latest Roland, Korg and Nord synthesizers all having the same issues within North America as well, or is it just new Yamaha synths?

Posted : 02/11/2021 2:54 pm
Bad Mister

Best explanation I’ve seen:

https://youtu.be/pbKtnF_z_w4

Posted : 02/11/2021 3:52 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

This article lays it all out.

Posted : 02/11/2021 10:58 pm
Member Admin

"Does anyone know why there is little to no stock in North America at this time?"

The how is reasonably described by the above.

Why is a little different.

We're going through the early stages of the fourth "industrial" revolution.

Though this term is a deliberate misnomer. It's not an industrial revolution, it's much more like a devolution of industry, and peoples. Sadly.

The first noticeable stages of this were the very deliberate and damaging sociological changes to industrialisation's halo effects when monies could be vastly more easily made portable after 1971.

This caused the Japan -> Korea -> Taiwan -> China shifts in what we might commonly consider industrial manufacturing, to the point where just about everything is now made in China, outside of textiles and foods, which have moved west and south from China.

It's much bleaker, after this, to describe why this is happening, so I'll stop here.

Posted : 04/11/2021 6:59 pm
Michael

Here in suburban Chicago I occasionally drop into two nearby Guitar Center stores and a Sam Ash store. Their synth/workstation stock has been near zero since shortly after the pandemic began, although they have some digital pianos and MIDI controller keyboards. Prices for used instruments are very high and they are sold quickly. They seem to have some items in other stores scattered around the country or warehouses that can be shipped to a store. My guess is that there are manufacturing issues associated with chips and electronics, as well as the overseas shipping delays that we're all aware of.

For what it's worth, I have purchased several open-box / floor model workstations in the past, from stores in Texas, Wisconsin, and here in Chicago, and have never had any issues. Guitar Center has a liberal return policy which I've (fortunately) never had to use.

Posted : 09/11/2021 4:26 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us