Notifications
Clear all

Wave memory and User library on Montage

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi all,

I tried to find the answer myself, but failed, and I don't dare to try.

Scenario:
Install a library, like the Bosendorfer. I make 2 new performances using a couple of the waveforms from Bosendorfer. What happens if I remove the Bosendorfer library? Will my user performances stop working?
Say if I just want a couple of the waveforms from a library, can I somehow remove the others from memory?

BR,
Mathias

Posted : 18/02/2017 5:06 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Matthias - if you made your amendments in the Library file, then yes, your new Pfs will not work if the Library is not there. For your Pfs to be standalone, it is VITAL to first convert the Library file to a User file. Since you cannot replace it afterwards, it is simpler to convert the whole Library to a User Bank, make your amendments, and then create a new Library (including your new sounds if you want to).

I don't understand your second question though, sorry.

Posted : 18/02/2017 7:27 pm
Bad Mister

The different Parts reference the Waveform and Samples which are installed in the ROM (Library) location.
If you simply make a User bank version of the Bosendorfer it simply continues to reference the Waveform location of the Library. Remove that Library your sound will not have a Waveform to reference.

If you wish to select just certain sounds from an installed Library you can do what is called "Library Import" this action copies the Waveform to the USER RAM area where you can assemble your new custom Library. This way you can assemble just the data you desire for your custom Library.

Please see this post

Posted : 18/02/2017 11:09 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us