Clear all

Waveform Full message even after initializing- waveform count below 2048

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Fess
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Who can I speak to, that will actually test this? My waveform count is 1879 (approx 248mb) files in .X3W format. I did a full initialization of the Montag, completely clearing the user memory, and the .X3W file will NOT load. Can someone from Yamaha please test this???

Posted : 24/07/2020 3:00 pm
Bad Mister

I see no attachment/link to the data... is this the same data from your other two threads or something different?

Posted : 24/07/2020 4:22 pm
 Fess
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Same issue(s) BM. I initialized the Montage completely- all user data gone, then I tried loading the . X3W file consisting of exactly 1879 wave forms as in the attached pic.

Anyway, it's a glitch that should be looked at by the techs.

Some good news is that I was able to re-assemble one of my tracks today-minus the percussive samples of course.

Attached files

Posted : 24/07/2020 6:38 pm
Bad Mister

I’ve seen those already, I thought you wanted us to look at the data (?)

Posted : 24/07/2020 6:45 pm
 Fess
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Just awoke from a much-needed slumber. When I asked someone to test it I meant for them to try and load an .X3A file with 1880 samples totaling approx 250 mb. This is not something I expect you do do BM- this is for people who test these issues (file management and compatibility). I mean, did Yamaha actually test this? They had to know their Motif users would need file compatibility for the new flagship synth right? It's almost like they said a big f-u to all the loyal users and said hey- just buy John's software! Not happening-ever.

As it is right now, I have my go to sample collection I've spent a decade creating and growing for my music and it works perfectly in the Motif XF but I can't move it onto the 1.75 GB of free memory the Montage has.

I'll bet that .X3A file would open up like a blue sky in John's software huh? Too bad I'm not buying into that ecosystem. I shouldn't have to buy anything extra to move files from one YAMAHA machine to another YAMAHA machine. Did Yamaha purposely make everything so convoluted and messy so people would cave in and buy software they shouldn't have to? Seems like it to me.

Slimy, if they did.

Posted : 25/07/2020 12:14 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us