Clear all

What does the 2.0 update contain.

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Does the 2.0 update contain Motif xf all data files or just some performance data.

Posted : 08/02/2018 9:49 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Limiting to Motif XF: The latest firmware doesn't contain anything new with respect to Motif XF data. It contains a converter update which now converts Motif XF performances. Previous firmware could not convert Motif XF performances. You get the data from your own Motif XF and convert it or you can also purchase Motif XF libraries which should all convert fine including performances.

Montage always has had all the samples required to "emulate" the sounds a Motif XF produces. These samples (Waveforms) are what the Motif XF performance and voice files need in order to sound correctly.

It's just taken until now to get the Montage's converter to handle Motif XF data files for converting the Performance data over to Montage.

Posted : 08/02/2018 9:58 pm
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

So Jason I want the performances of my XF 6 in my Montage. How to get them from XF to the Montage and how to convert them? Or are they all available in an XF Library or more than one?

Posted : 08/02/2018 10:48 pm
Bad Mister

Load the file from a USB stick,
[UTILITY] > “Contents” > “Load”
Select to “Content Type” USER File or LIBRARY File... depending on where you want to place the data
Select VOICE or PERF as the “Import Option”
Touch the .X3A File that you want to convert
Touch the box that says “Load”.

Once converted and loaded to the MONTAGE make a MONTAGE format file for quicker load times in the future.

The download includes instructions, a new DataList booklet, and a Supplementary Manual... that tells you all of this and more ... available in eleven languages! Pick one nearest you!

Posted : 08/02/2018 10:57 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I don't have an XF - but generally there is a [UTILITY] menu with "File" operations. And you would save an "All" file on your XF6 to a USB stick then load this file (it should have an extension of ".X3A") into your Montage. The conversion is done for you and sticks the performances and voices into your user area.

I would first backup your Montage user area - then wipe the user area clean. When you load your .X3A file - all the user area will be Motif XF converted Performances or Voices. They will all show up as performances on Montage (Montage has only Performances).

Posted : 08/02/2018 11:00 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us