Clear all

Where are the 99 Performances in v2.0?

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 Tom
Eminent Member
Topic starter

This should be an easy one, but how are the new Performances stored/identified?

Thanks!

Posted : 08/02/2018 9:54 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The data list usually puts an asterisk 1 (*1) next to new performances. This has been true for all firmware updates and just about every update has added a handful of new performances. Also, usually live set gets updated with performances featuring some new performances.

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/2/1153992/montage_en_dl_f0.pdf

Page 2 shows:

*1 The new Performances added by firmware version 2.00 update

So manually look for the *1 in the datalist rev F0 PDF then use [CATEGORY SEARCH] to find those Performances. You can use number or name.

... also:

When you get new firmware, it's extremely helpful to open the "New Features" document. This document (PDF) will have a filename with the "_nf" mnemonic. The filename is v2.00 is "montage_en_nf_e0.pdf".

Page 3 of this document points you in the right direction:

Additional New Performances
The MONTAGE offers 99 new Performances.
For the added Performances, refer to the Data List.

Other pages have detailed screen shots of exactly what's new, how to use those features, and documents new parameter definitions (description, range, etc) when applicable.

Posted : 08/02/2018 10:06 pm
david
Reputable Member

I was searching all over the Montage last night. Other than the new live set "best of V2.0" they blend in with every other performance. I thought perhaps the performance title would have an indicator "V2" or the font would be a different color. However, now that you know their names from the list then you can search for them.

Posted : 08/02/2018 10:59 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

That's a very short-sighted approach. In 2 years if there are no updates - I don't care about what v2.0 offered as new. Every firmware release has used this same process. I anticipated someone would complain about the lack of spoon-feeding for new performances but didn't address it because I was hoping it would not come up.

The data list has always clearly marked which are the new performances. Reading a PDF and pressing Ctrl-F to search, typing in "*1" then going through the list is not a big deal. The time searching and calling up a performance is short compared to the time messing with the new performances depending on how much you "dig in" to see what the new content is all about.

If you want spoon-feeding - there's a video already posted which runs through all 99 performances. You can watch that first and pick out which ones you like or do not - then manually go through the short list of favorites.

Source: https://yamahasynth.com/forum/montage-os-v2-0#reply-27260

There's 99 new performances. I believe each one gets a run-through. I listened to most of these. Lots of bread-and-butter nice new content. Piano/Organ/e-piano/etc. Along with lots of dance stuff - but enough at least what I consider bread-and-butter to be very interesting. Source: Moessieurs

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svqjjnWdKqs

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK1a-hL__hY

If there's going to be a way to use [CATEGORY SEARCH] to identify new content - I'd rather the new performances have a newer Date tagged. Already the system can sort by date. I'm not sure how the date is managed with user content considering I do not think Montage has an RTC. But certainly the dates can be hard-coded for the presets such that each firmware revision the associated new performances get a newer date than the last ones.

This may already work today - so pull up the "Preset" bank and see if sort by date gets you anywhere.

I do not agree that the performance name or color should be affected. A "V2" indication seems strange to me in the context of the lifetime. That'd mean a "V1.5", and lots of other "V##" emblems. None of this matters past the first couple of weeks of usage and the information is already all in the datalist.

Posted : 08/02/2018 11:13 pm
 Tom
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Like many questions, the answer is simple. If you know the answer.

Thanks!

Posted : 09/02/2018 1:55 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Thank you Jason for linking my Moessieurs videos.

You can also find a pdf file with an extract of the 99 new performances name on the Moessieurs OS 2.00 dedicated page :

http://www.moessieurs.com/os-200.html

Just click on the pdf logo to download.

Use the google translator tool on top banner if you want to translate Moessieurs in your native language, not perfect but enough good.

There is also on the page the MSB/LSB pdf data extract from the dala list to download and the instrument definition files for Cubase, Sonar, Protools/Digital performer.

Hope it's help.

Posted : 09/02/2018 6:43 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello - finding the 99 new Pfs in v2.0 is a laborious process involving pencil and paper etc:, but is the only way to locate them among the 2000+ already sitting in Montage. Thank you Joel for a more practical approach - listing by number and not by name. Yamaha could be a huge help here by including the DL number with the name in the Category Search list - I would think a simple update if initially time consuming. They do it with Elements, so why not Pfs?

Posted : 09/02/2018 7:44 am
Thomas

u see them - like " best of 2.0 " as i remember - seperated - just switch from live to there..... works easy and well

Posted : 09/02/2018 1:52 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

@Rod

Thank you Joel for a more practical approach - listing by number and not by name.

The data list 1st column shows the number.

I do agree that the interface would be better if Performance [CATEGORY SEARCH] allowed to key in the number.

Posted : 09/02/2018 2:23 pm

Goodmorning everyone,
you could kindly copy me the link where you can download the Montage 2.0 firmware upgrade, as this link is wrong !!
Thank you
John

https://it.yamaha.com/it/support/updates/montage_os_updater_en.html

It is contained and download a PGM file !!!

Attached files

Posted : 09/02/2018 3:18 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The link you provided isn't wrong - and you're looking for the first file in your attachment (8N70OS_.PGM). That's the file you copy to a formatted USB 2.0 stick.

Read the included instructions which tell you to press Cursor Up + [UTILITY] while powering on Montage.

Posted : 10/02/2018 5:41 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us