Clear all

Why no CS80 reprise from Yamaha?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Black Corporation had to make a clone because if you think about this, CS80 maybe the most expensive and iconic analog in history, was unobtainable by regular musicians.

It's been what, since 1976/77 and why didn't Yamaha bring it back in obtainable form by now?

I mean true analog is as hot as it gets at the moment coming back with a vengeance and Yamaha doesn't have a clue about it?

It's so obvious I wonder why they can't see it too. I mean it was cloned for the second generation the size of a shoebox so it's possible.

Even Indiana Jones is back at the age of 80. So Yamaha focuses its energy into another stage board instead? The CK like that was being demanded.

Just to provide a CS80 modern affordable option to fans after 45 years would be a no brainer IMO.

You might be able to tally the actual number of human beings who have played one or owned one on fingers and toes.

Many manufacturers have brought back vintage analog gear for everyone to enjoy so Yamaha should seriously think about the CS80 reprise in an affordable MPE/MIDI2 pure analog package.

Maybe leave the MPE keys to Expressive E because that will drive the cost only higher and we all have keys out the wazoo. Stop adding keys, just stop.

Posted : 02/08/2023 12:37 am

Yamaha sent out a survey a few years ago asking people what they would like to see Yamaha produce as far as a traditional dedicated synthesizer. Some probably listed a new CS-80 analog synthesizer. Some might have said a new, updated AN1-X or an AN-200 prototype. Yamaha could at some point make another analog synthesizer, since they probably want a piece of the action. For that matter, Yamaha may have added an updated AN1-X/AN-200/CS-80 engine(s) in the new Montage successor. Perhaps as a foretaste to an eventual dedicated analog synth further on down the road? The Korg Kronos/2 had nine sound engines, with a couple of them being synths, if I'm not mistaken. The Korg Nautilus also has nine sound engines. Time will tell. Did Yamaha reveal the specific day in October? That would be nice to know, so people aren't caught off guard and miss the launch entirely.

Posted : 04/08/2023 12:04 am
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Weren't Korgs just computers with plug-in software packages so you could have had 20 engines if they had the space. Very different platform. Similar to PS or Xbox gaming machine it was a music machine. I had one that took 5 minutes to boot up. I had totally forgotten I had a Kronos. I think I sold it to make room for the Montage pre-order.

Posted : 04/08/2023 1:11 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us